Author Topic: Add more/unlimited virtual tags  (Read 6003 times)

HonHarv96

+1 for unlimited number of Virtual Tags AND Custom Tags too

The Incredible Boom Boom

for v3.6 i am planning to make fields in the album and tracks view and the artwork view editable templates like with the track information panel fields

This will be an interesting development and I think it would help me move at least some of my VTs over.
Thanks, as always, for being awesome, @Steven!

HonHarv96

for v3.6 i am planning to make fields in the album and tracks view and the artwork view editable templates like with the track information panel fields

This will be an interesting development and I think it would help me move at least some of my VTs over.
Thanks, as always, for being awesome, @Steven!
Thanks for supporting this idea!

Steven

• Administrator
i did try to implement this but its too big a change to make for the time i have available. So instead i have bumped the virtual tag number from 32 to 50

The Incredible Boom Boom

i did try to implement this but its too big a change to make for the time i have available. So instead i have bumped the virtual tag number from 32 to 50

A million thank yous, @Steven!

hiccup

So instead i have bumped the virtual tag number from 32 to 50
That is/will be appreciated by some power users.
I noticed that yesterday's patch doesn't have it yet. Is it going to be 3.6, or an earlier upcoming patch that has this?

Steven

• Administrator
i will be maintaining v3.5 for a while. I generally prefer not to provide the next version until some period and if i did, then one consideration is that there might be long periods where bugs are not fixed as a new feature is implemented

hiccup

O.k., I was wondering because the patch update that was released after you mentioned there would be 50 virtual tags did not yet have it.

hiccup

I am beginning to doubt if I understood correctly what you said about maintaining 3.5, fixing bugs, and new features.
Today's patch still doesn't have the increase to 50 virtual tags, about what you said earlier: "I have bumped the virtual tag number from 32 to 50".

Is that bump going to be available in a 3.5 patch update, or will it have to wait for 3.6?

The Incredible Boom Boom

I am beginning to doubt if I understood correctly what you said about maintaining 3.5, fixing bugs, and new features.
Today's patch still doesn't have the increase to 50 virtual tags, about what you said earlier: "I have bumped the virtual tag number from 32 to 50".

Is that bump going to be available in a 3.5 patch update, or will it have to wait for 3.6?

My understand is that it's for v3.6, as he responded to his quote mentioning the other change was intended for v3.6.

SonicRings

Very excited to hear this! For some reason I did not get notified of these messages. I just came back because I find myself with but a single unused virtual tag remaining, so I'm very happy to see that you have already implemented it! I can't wait for v3.6 to release!

Do you have any sort of ETA for v3.6? Few weeks? Few months? No rush at all, just would like to set a reminder for myself to check back!

phred

• Global Moderator
Do you have any sort of ETA for v3.6? Few weeks? Few months? No rush at all, just would like to set a reminder for myself to check back!
3.6 is not even in a public alpha version yet, so I would get it will be months before something is ready for general consumption. However, Steven typically releases alpha versions for early adopters.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

SonicRings

3.6 is not even in a public alpha version yet, so I would get it will be months before something is ready for general consumption. However, Steven typically releases alpha versions for early adopters.

Do you know if this is available in an update as of yet, or coming soon?

phred

• Global Moderator
Do you know if this is available in an update as of yet, or coming soon?
It is not available yet. As Steven has stated, it will be included in 3.6 which will be released when Steven releases it. There is no date set and please do not ask when it will be available.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here