Author Topic: Syncing PC to Android Device  (Read 6209 times)

Guapdad

I just downloaded MB to my pc. I've been an itunes user with an ipod since I was a youngster so this is all new to me. Planning to purchase a Sony DAC but before I do so, I want to test things out on my android phone (Samsung Galaxy S10e).

I guess my first question is how do I sync music from the pc MB app to the MB remote app on my phone. So far I've been able to connect my device successfully and I am able to transfer files to my phones internal storage. Now I am trying to figure out what I need to do so that I can play those files on my phone using the MB remote app? Essentially I want to use the PC app to manage my library and just transfer music and playlists onto my phone.

phred

• Global Moderator
There is no Android app for MB. If the "remote app" you're referring to is the MB Remote plugin (https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=7221.0) it is just that - a remote CONTROL so you can use your phone to control MB on your PC. Therefore you do not sync anything to the remote app. Questions regarding the MB Remote plugin should be posted on that thread so the plugin developer can address them.

The only way to play tracks on your phone is to sync from the PC to the phone, either using the wired USB sync, or the MB WiFi Sync App (on the Google Play Store) and use your phone's music player. If you want to do two-way syncing, it's only available via the WiFi app. And -only- with PowerAmp or GoneMad players. Both have free trials so you can test before you buy. If you're not interested in two-way syncing, then just about any Android player will work as long.

But again, -playing- music on your phone can be transferred (synced) from MB, but must be played on a music player on the phone.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Guapdad

Thanks phred! Appreciate the response. Feels like a silly question now that I have played around with MB a bit more.

Cheers