Author Topic: Issues syncing with Android (wired)  (Read 906 times)

jack94

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 11
I use MusicBee to sync music to my phone, a Samsung A52S running Android 12. I use the wired option, I could never get the wireless syncing to work.

Until recently this usually went pretty smoothly, but now when I try to sync the process stops before it's complete, usually after just a few songs have been synced or even none. It doesn't say it's aborted, it just says "Completed", but obviously it hasn't actually completed the sync.

I did download an update on my phone last week, whereas I've made no recent changes to MusicBee settings, so I'd assume the problem is on the phone's end.

Anyone experienced the same issue or have any idea where to look for solutions?

phred

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8167
I've experienced something similar a few times with a WiFi Sync. It's an unresolved issue that only seems to happen when syncing a large quantity of files.

What version of MB are you using? (Help > About)
How was MB installed? (Store, Installer, Portable)
Is there anything in the Error Log from the time of the failed sync? (Help > Support > View Error Log)
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
Check out the MusicBee Wiki.
How to post screenshots is here.

jack94

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 11
Thanks for your reply. I'm running version 3.4.7805, and I would have downloaded the installer from the MusicBee site.

In the error log, a few errors like this: "Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component." These are from specific files that failed to sync during one attempt. But this is an error I've seen occasionally before, usually fixed by just retrying the sync. No errors from when the sync "completed" without actually completing.

I was trying to sync about 4,000 files (though most of them were already on the phone, it was displaying as 4,000 when attempting to sync). Using playlists, if that matters. I just tried again syncing a much smaller number of files (13), and that worked. Notably, it deleted everything else as appropriate but didn't prompt me before doing so like it usually does. I definitely still have that option checked in the settings, so maybe that's part of the error too.

phred

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8167
"Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component."
Please copy/paste the section of the error log starting with the date/date of the fail until the next attempt. Please copy everything withing that time-frame and not just the FAILs. But do not copy the entire log.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
Check out the MusicBee Wiki.
How to post screenshots is here.

jack94

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 11
Here you go:

01/04/2022 17:05:13 - Copy D:\Soulseek Downloads\complete\selder_\CD3\01 - The Secrete of Jinsinson.flac to SM-A528B\Internal storage\Music\Playlists\J10. Contemporary Jazz\770-Kamasi Washington-The Secrete of Jinsinson.flac
01/04/2022 17:05:13 - Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.
01/04/2022 17:05:24 - Copy D:\Soulseek Downloads\complete\selder_\CD3\02 - Will You Love Me Tomorrow.flac to SM-A528B\Internal storage\Music\Playlists\J10. Contemporary Jazz\771-Kamasi Washington-Will You Love Me Tomorrow.flac
01/04/2022 17:05:24 - Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.
01/04/2022 17:05:25 - Copy D:\Soulseek Downloads\complete\selder_\CD3\03 - My Family.flac to SM-A528B\Internal storage\Music\Playlists\J10. Contemporary Jazz\772-Kamasi Washington-My Family.flac
01/04/2022 17:05:25 - Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.
01/04/2022 17:05:25 - Copy D:\Soulseek Downloads\complete\selder_\CD3\04 - Agents of The Multiverse.flac to SM-A528B\Internal storage\Music\Playlists\J10. Contemporary Jazz\773-Kamasi Washington-Agents of the Multiverse.flac
01/04/2022 17:05:26 - Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.
01/04/2022 17:05:26 - Copy D:\Soulseek Downloads\complete\selder_\CD3\05 - Ooh Child.flac to SM-A528B\Internal storage\Music\Playlists\J10. Contemporary Jazz\774-Kamasi Washington-Ooh Child.flac
01/04/2022 17:05:26 - Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.

Shougun

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 7
I've a similar error message specifically for playlist syncing. Same error message as OP.

Samsung ultra 21 phone on whatever version of android is the latest option for it. Although I'd note it also says "Copy Failed" in front of "Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component."



Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 04:51:44 AM by Shougun