Author Topic: How can I change the colour of a single element in track information?  (Read 630 times)

SonicRings

Version 3.5.8072 P

I'm trying to make a single tag display in a different colour to facilitate detecting its presence.

My current code for the first line in Track Information is as follows:
Code
$IsNull(<Track#>,,<Track#>" - ")$IsNull(<TranslatedTitle>,$IsNull(<OriginalGameName>,<Title>,<Title>"   ////   "<OriginalGameName>),<Title>"   ////   "<TranslatedTitle>) 🎵<Play Count>

Pay attention to the second $IsNull here. It's checking if TranslatedTitle exists, and if it doesn't, it checks if OriginalGameName exists. If THAT doesn't exist, it simply displays title. If it does, it displays title, a few spaces, 4 slashes, a few more spaces, and the OriginalGameName tag. Now if TranslatedTitle DOES exist it will do a similar thing, except show TranslatedTitle in place of OriginalGameName.

(None of my tracks have both tags so I won't run into any potential conflicts with both existing, but feel free to offer me a better solution if you can think of one)

Here is how OriginalGameName looks when present:

Now, I'd like to change the colour of OriginalGameName to be, say, orange. So, if present, it will show Title, the 4 slashes, and an orange coloured OriginalGameName. Code I tried below:

Code
$IsNull(<Track#>,,<Track#>" - ")$IsNull(<TranslatedTitle>,$IsNull(<OriginalGameName>,<Title>,<Title>"   ////   "{color: 255,150,100}<OriginalGameName>),<Title>"   ////   "<TranslatedTitle>) 🎵<Play Count>

However, this is what happens now:

OriginalGameName is just gone. Invisible. There is empty space where it used to be. How can I make it so it just becomes orange without changing formatting?

As a test, I tried changing the colour of <Title>"   ////   "<OriginalGameName> as such:
Code
$IsNull(<Track#>,,<Track#>" - ")$IsNull(<TranslatedTitle>,$IsNull(<OriginalGameName>,<Title>,{color: 255,150,100}<Title>"   ////   "<OriginalGameName>),<Title>"   ////   "<TranslatedTitle>) 🎵<Play Count>

Except this gives unexpected behaviour:

What's happening here? Why is it formatting like this? It's introducing a margin at the end of the track number and hyphen. I'm suspecting that my previous code is having a similar effect, except it physically cannot show the text because it's all the way to the right, with the margin being at the end of title's block of code.

TIA

The Incredible Boom Boom

Now, I'd like to change the colour of OriginalGameName to be, say, orange. So, if present, it will show Title, the 4 slashes, and an orange coloured OriginalGameName. Code I tried below:

Code
$IsNull(<Track#>,,<Track#>" - ")$IsNull(<TranslatedTitle>,$IsNull(<OriginalGameName>,<Title>,<Title>"   ////   "{color: 255,150,100}<OriginalGameName>),<Title>"   ////   "<TranslatedTitle>) 🎵<Play Count>

What does the below do?

Code
$IsNull(<Track#>,,<Track#>" - ")$IsNull(<TranslatedTitle>,$IsNull(<OriginalGameName>,<Title>,<Title>"   ////   "{color: 255,150,100}<OriginalGameName>{color: default}),<Title>"   ////   "<TranslatedTitle>) 🎵<Play Count>

SonicRings

Code
$IsNull(<Track#>,,<Track#>" - ")$IsNull(<TranslatedTitle>,$IsNull(<OriginalGameName>,<Title>,<Title>"   ////   "{color: 255,150,100}<OriginalGameName>),<Title>"   ////   "<TranslatedTitle>) 🎵<Play Count>

What does the below do?

Code
$IsNull(<Track#>,,<Track#>" - ")$IsNull(<TranslatedTitle>,$IsNull(<OriginalGameName>,<Title>,<Title>"   ////   "{color: 255,150,100}<OriginalGameName>{color: default}),<Title>"   ////   "<TranslatedTitle>) 🎵<Play Count>

It does this again.