Author Topic: request for clarification on playback in MusicBee Theater Mode  (Read 1212 times)

rockberto

Hello everyone.  Sorry for my english.
I have set in preferences that when I play an album (or a song) the player automatically opens in Theater mode. And I like that.
The problem is that if I go back to the music explorer window and choose another album to play, the theater mode does not start again by itself, but only the first time after opening the program. So in practice to make it start by itself I have to close and reopen MusicBee and start again reproduction.
Is there a way to make it do it every time I choose another album?
Is there also a way to shorten the waiting time for starting the theater mode? Thanks in advance

hiccup

- start a Theater Mode
- right-click somewhere: Screen Saver > Enable > set wait time

b.t.w. you posted in a wrong forum board.
Developers' Area is (as it says in the description) for members developing extensions for MusicBee.
This should be in 'Questions'.

rockberto

I apologize for posting in a wrong section.
But the function I was asking about, does it only work by activating the screen saver? Is it not possible to switch in Theater Mode without screensaver in Now Playing for each album?

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
The problem is that if I go back to the music explorer window and choose another album to play, the theater mode does not start again by itself, but only the first time after opening the program.
So in practice to make it start by itself I have to close and reopen MusicBee and start again reproduction.
I can confirm the (inconsistent) behaviour described above. When the same setting is enabled for compact and mini players:

MusicBee always switches back to those when playback starts (even if you returned to the main player after the first switch command was executed).
With the Theater Mode, it only automatically switches once and then doesn't up until the next MB restart.
I already spend hours on end on social media. Might as well spare a few of those to a greater purpose here.

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
b.t.w. you posted in a wrong forum board.
Developers' Area is (as it says in the description) for members developing extensions for MusicBee.
This should be in 'Questions'.
I thought everything Theater-Mode-related should to be discussed in the (Developers' Area ) TM child board so that it's all kept together? Is that not how it's supposed to be?
I've personally gone through every topic in the aforementioned child board to get a better understanding of how TM's work.
Some questions (and their answers) raised over there helped a great deal. In my humble opinion, this topic is best placed there than here in the general MusicBee questions.
I already spend hours on end on social media. Might as well spare a few of those to a greater purpose here.

hiccup

I thought everything Theater-Mode-related should to be discussed in the (Developers' Area ) TM child board so that it's all kept together? Is that not how it's supposed to be?
In my mind the developer's area is meant for members that do actually create, code or edit add-ons. It's a board for discussing the workings of the add-on itself.

If a question pertains to how MusicBee handles the use of an add-on, it concerns MusicBee (thus Steven) in the first place, and not the developer(s) of the add-on.
Of course it can be that a users question about an add-on can not be answered or solved at the MusicBee side, but needs a change in the add-on.
Then it could be further discussed in the developer's area.

Sometimes this may be a bit of a twilight zone though.

Steven

• Administrator
The problem is that if I go back to the music explorer window and choose another album to play, the theater mode does not start again by itself, but only the first time after opening the program.
I cant reproduce this. How do you initiate playback of the next album or track in the music explorer, and is the current track still playing when you do this?

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Speaking for myself, I just noticed that when the TM startup mode is set to "Normal", MB behaves as expected. (opens the TM every time I play a song from anywhere in MB)
But when set to "Fullscreen", MB doesn't behave as expected. It does what rockberto described in the start post.

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
@hiccup
Alright understood. I guess this would qualify as one of those grey ones.
The part about the 'screensaver option' is a specific TM question and the 'player automatic switch' part is a general MusicBee question. Have I got that right?

hiccup

Alright understood. I guess this would qualify as one of those grey ones.
The part about the 'screensaver option' is a specific TM question…
I'm not sure about that one either.

The option to start a Theater Mode after a certain elapsed time is a MusicBee feature.
It' not a feature of specific Theater Modes.

The fact that its settings are currently hidden in a Theater Mode is not the best choice in my opinion.
It will not be obvious to a user that to set and customise it he will need to select a TM, start it, and then right-click on some unused area.
(but perhaps there are other ways to get to it that I am currently unaware of?)

This is something that can not be changed by creators/editors of Theater Modes (I think?), but only by the developer of MusicBee.
So in my opinion requests or questions about that feature should go to the Questions or Wishlist board.
Add-on developers can do nothing about that, so discussing it there doesn't make too much sense to me.

Last Edit: April 02, 2022, 03:15:15 PM by hiccup