Author Topic: Joe Walsh song with collect phone call from Joe Vitale?  (Read 1638 times)

ultrarunner2018

Hey guys;
I have been racking my brain trying to find the Joe Walsh song in which you hear a phone ringing, and Joe Walsh picking it up to receive a collect call from Joe Vitale. The operator asks Joe whether he is Joe Walsh, and he replies 'I think so', to which the operator replies 'Sir, you should know something like this'.
Perhaps it was the other way around, and it was Joe Vitale who receives the call from Joe Walsh, but I seem to recall it with Joe Walsh receiving the call. I believe it's at the end of the song.
I thought the song was 'Life's Been Good', but cannot find a version that contains this 'break'. I do have the version of the song with the Wah Wah's at the end though...
Perhaps it's not even a Joe Walsh track; could it be the Eagles?

I don't have much Joe Walsh in my music library, which is all purchased (not streaming), but I plan to fix that problem today.
This will be on my mind until I find the song, so I would really appreciate some help.
Thanks
Ultrarunner

hiccup

It's at the end of 'Lady on the Rock' from 'Plantation Harbor'.
(it's the much wealthier Joe Walsh collect calling Joe Vitale b.t.w.)
Last Edit: March 23, 2022, 02:05:00 PM by hiccup

ultrarunner2018

Thanks very much!
I just purchased the song on iTunes, and now shopping for more Joe Vitale tracks!

Funny that I didn't find the song through any of my Google searches. I did search Joe Vitale as well as Joe Walsh. I even searched for relevant phrases describing the song without specifying an artist, yet Google failed miserably to land me in the right spot. I guess their algorithms aren't perfect - yet.

hiccup

Thanks very much!
I just purchased the song on iTunes, and now shopping for more Joe Vitale tracks!
You'll probably want to buy the next track too, the phone conversation actually is about the song right after it…

edit:
And so if you're shuffle playing, for tracks 6 and 7 you should use 'Keep Tracks in Sequence When Shuffling' to keep them together ;-)

And to add a 'guilty pleasure' tip from that era and style, you could check out the band Sea Level.
Last Edit: March 23, 2022, 08:10:09 PM by hiccup

ultrarunner2018

Thanks for the 'heads up' on the tracks. I normally don't purchase entire albums, so yes, I will purchase 'Bamboo Jungle' as well, and create a medley of the two tracks, so they will always play together in the proper order.
I had never heard the entire phone conversation between the two Joe's before listening to 'Lady on the Rock' in its entirety. I think that when the song was played on the radio, the DJ would always start another record before the previous one ended.