Author Topic: Sync, Files and Serato  (Read 1030 times)

mrbenn

Is there a way of turning off the number that is pre-pended to the filename when Syncing to a folder?

Also is there a way of skipping a file that already exists **even when its size, date, etc are different** ?

I ask since the destination folder is my Serato library and Serato writes its cue points & BPM to the file, and I suspect that MusicBee is seeing this as different and re-syncing the file (and thus my cuepoints).

If the number changes at the start of the filename, then this will of course show as missing in Serato.

phred

• Global Moderator
Is there a way of turning off the number that is pre-pended to the filename when Syncing to a folder?
If by "number" you're referring to a disk/track number, then yes. Just change the template that you're using to sync.

Also is there a way of skipping a file that already exists **even when its size, date, etc are different** ?
Probably not since, as I understand it, MB is looking at those criteria in order to see what to transfer.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

frankz

I think you mean the playlist order number.  To do this, you need to turn off "create a sub-folder for each playlist and its tracks."  The number is prepended to account for files that are in a playlist more than once to avoid duplicates.

mrbenn

There is no number in my template.

Screenshot

as for the other issue, wishlist it is.

mrbenn

To do this, you need to turn off "create a sub-folder for each playlist and its tracks."

Not doable, because the playlists are the basis for the folder structure I want coming out the other end.

frankz

To do this, you need to turn off "create a sub-folder for each playlist and its tracks."

Not doable, because the playlists are the basis for the folder structure I want coming out the other end.
Unfortunately, as I said, there's no other way to account for files that may be in a playlist more than once or will wind up with the same name even though they may not be same track.  There's a much better chance of you changing the folder structure you want coming out the other end than there is of your wish being implemented.  It's been discussed and denied before.

mrbenn

The numbers arent the major issue, was pre-empting it becoming one later.

Its the overwriting of existing tracks thats the proverbial spanner.