Author Topic: Virtual Tag radio station name:  (Read 1175 times)

Gendji

I am trying to find the virtual tag or tag for the name of radio stations.

I am talking about the name under Radio -> New Station -> name:

Does anyone know? I haven't found it yet.

Steven

• Administrator
not sure how you are intending to use it but you could try the Title tag

Gendji

What I am trying to achieve is that the station name that is given under Radio -> New Station -> name: is always shown in now playing, regardless of what the stream itself sends for information.

I tried Title but then if a stream sends Artist and Title info - that title is shown as the "Radio Station name:".

The intention is using $IsNull(<Path>,<Radio Station name:>,<Album>) for example, so that when I play a local file it shows Album and when I play a radio stream it shows "Radio Station name:".

I hope I am making sense :)

ma_t14

Could you simply not show album if it's a radio stream? The radio station name seems to be already hardcoded to be shown when playing

hiccup

It's not completely clear to me what you mean with 'now playing', but you mean the 'track details' panel?
And not the now playing/upcoming panel, or the now playing bar?
Last Edit: March 05, 2022, 02:40:24 PM by hiccup

Gendji

I already tried using <Album> but then either nothing is shown or the original stations name that is send with the stream is shown.

What I am trying to show is the name I gave the station myself under Radio -> New Station -> name:

Gendji

The radio station name seems to be already hardcoded to be shown when playing
It's not completely clear to me what Gendji means with 'now playing', but as a guess he is not talking about the now playing/upcoming panel, or the now playing bar, but about the track details panel.

Yes you are correct, very sorry for the confusion.

hiccup

Yes you are correct, very sorry for the confusion.
On second thought, I don't think that makes much difference in what you are trying to accomplish with a virtual tag.
I was just trying to imagine the situation a bit better.

ma_t14

I'm not completely sure I understand what the intricacies of the station title tag are, its use by MB as the station name and how it can create conflicts, only Steven would be able to answer that.

But one way to completely bypass the issue would be to use a diffent tag altogether for saving the station name. Use a custom tag, call it "Station Name", add it as a displayed tag in the main panel and then edit and use that tag instead of the title tag for identifying your stations.

Last Edit: March 05, 2022, 03:30:42 PM by ma_t14

Gendji

That is indeed an idea, thank you for that solution.

The thing I was thinking about with this question is, you already give a station a name under Radio called Title. Why not use that for the purpose I am looking for as a tag. It must be a different title in the MB software itself then song title for example, it "just" needs to have a seperate tag.

But I could be totally wrong about that ofc and "it just" might be a lot more difficult to program then I am aware of.