Author Topic: Update paths option please  (Read 784 times)

RAMWolff

Hi

I think I asked this before but I need to ask again.  WHAT file does this info reside in for the Relink Music File Paths?  I've found a couple of .ini files but there is nothing in them about this.  Every time I want to redirect my older playlist to the new location I get this, below, filled in so I have to delete all of those filled in, useless paths so I can proceed.  It keeps me from really getting things done with rerouting these playlists as it's so annoying.

Every time I dismiss the panel and then bring it back up to put in some new edited paths those older paths are put back in EVERY SINGLE TIME

ANNOYING!

So it would be nice to know if there is a way to tell MusicBee to FORGET those paths and if not then an editable file to delete them once and for all

Thanks so much!

Richard

It's a link to download and look at the image.  I'm not having ANY luck with IMGUR using the Insert Image tool here!  AND the code here is really weird, I went to edit the post and it was all messed up and wouldn't let me save it so I had to Cancel, Copy the text and Delete the post and start over!  Grrrrrrrrr Here is the direct link to the image file from my IMGUR

https://imgur.com/a/tCCtoKS

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Did you read the instructions provided on how to insert an image? Linking to imgur is the way to do it, although if you want to be fancy you can use the BB Code version to insert the image in your post.

I think this is probably more of a wishlist item, but let's if anyone else has more info.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

frankz

Here's your image.

Why are you relinking paths to the same paths and paths to blank paths? That doesn't make any sense.

If the state of your library was as you originally said it was (folders that used to be under C:\Dropbox are now under C:\Users\USERNAME), the real question is why are you having to run and rerun the relink music file paths tool? If the information you provided was accurate, and you had done as I suggested here, it would have been a one-time process. 

If the state of your library is not as you originally said it was and files are in all different types of willy-nilly locations that aren't related to how they were before, then this relinking tool is not going to help you.
Last Edit: March 03, 2022, 04:26:04 AM by frankz

RAMWolff

Sadly I had so much going on with other aspects of life I didn't do as you directed  I'll try that today.  BUT still why when these paths are removed does the program rewrite them in every time the dialog is dismissed and then brought back up?  There must be a way to blank those out (and have them remain so) so they are not a constant pain in my side. 

frankz

Have you tried deleting what's there and clicking Update?  The button marked "Update" seems like an obvious way to update what you're seeing.

Why would you ask experienced users for advice, have them take the time out of their day to give you that advice, and then ignore that advice and proceed to do something entirely different than advised?

RAMWolff

I used your advice from the other thread and it worked fine . thanks so much

I'm not meaning to waste anyone's time Frank.  I'm busy too and time got away from me simple as that .  I've tried deleting the paths and they just come right back again when I bring up the dialog box.