Author Topic: Update "#" Metadata in .wav Files, using First 2 char of Filename  (Read 784 times)

tonycscott

• Tony Dog
I have determined that any files I ripped from CDs to .flac have the "#" field populated with Track #.  Not so for .wav files. 

I did speak with Cambridge Audio and they told me I had to edit the metadata myself.  I cannot imagine editing each song file directly, so looking for a tool that can strip out the two digits in format "99" used for Track Number and then populate the "#" field in the .wav file with that value. 

Any suggestions?

Thank You,

Tony

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
WAV files have very poor tagging support and no native tag structure. I suggest converting your WAVs to FLAC (both lossless formats) and then using the Additional Tagging and Reporting Tools plugin to make any updates.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

tonycscott

• Tony Dog
Interesting.  You are the second person to recommend that.  Thank you

Zak

• Global Moderator
Unless you need to edit them, there is no reason to keep WAV files.
Especially if metadata is important to you, as you will only continue to run into issues like the one described.
Bee excellent to each other...

vincent kars

Bit surprised as to the best of my knowledge, Musicbee can tag WAV including the Track Number.
However, it might also be this tag is not recognized by the Cambridge as WAV tagging is a nice PITA.
I can only second the suggestion to use a lossless file format with excellent tagging support and that is FLAC.
A bit more about tagging WAV: https://www.thewelltemperedcomputer.com/KB/WAV_KB.htm