Author Topic: Skipping Tracks stay paused if Pause is active  (Read 1320 times)

dirtee

Wasn't sure how to word the title there...!

Hope this isn't too petty for the wishlist, figure it might be an easy option but what do I know about how it all works!

Basically, this is for when I've got my whole library on shuffle and want to skip through a few tracks to find the right song (that fits my moooood). So if the current song is paused, when I skip tracks it stays paused until I hit play again.
Think it's ingrained within me from players from my past..

That is alllll, thank you!

hiccup

If you are open to achieving this by using AutoHotKey, you would only need a very simple script:

Code
; Press Ctrl+Shift+n to skip to next song and pause.
^+n::
    Send, ^n
    Sleep 10
    Send, ^p
return
( this script assumes you have MusicBee hotkeys for 'next' and 'pause' set to Ctrl+n and Ctrl+p )

dirtee

Hey Hiccup,

Thanks for the reply!
I've never heard of AutoHotKey, I might give it a shot.
My next is actually set to my keyboard right arrow and pause is set to spacebar.

MCDoubleDefDP

An alternative method to accomplish this is to set Auto DJ to be fully random and then use the "Now Playing"  view to see the upcoming songs instead of continually pressing "next track."

I set the upcoming songs to auto hide in my right side bar because I usually prefer to be surprised, but you can have it always be visible if you want.

hiccup

My next is actually set to my keyboard right arrow and pause is set to spacebar.
Then you could change the two 'Send,' lines to: Send, {Right} and Send, {Space}

Perhaps you will need to do some experimenting with timing pauses between the performed actions. (sleep 1000 = 1 second)
And there also exist separate commands for pressing and releasing a key.

So in case things don't work well, you could also try something like:

Code
; Press Ctrl+Shift+n to skip to next song and pause.
Send, {Right down}
sleep 20
Send, {Right up}
sleep 20
Send, {Space down}
sleep 20
Send, {Space up}
return
If it proves too problematic to get an AHK script running let me know, I can easily create a compiled (self-contained exe) version of this script for you that you can activate by just clicking it.
But it might be worth the effort to work it out yourself, AHK can be very useful for many more situations and applications.

And of course there is always the chance your wish gets implemented anyway…

edit:
Using media-keys might work even better since it is a more universal solution, and it doesn't need to have the MusicBee panel selected (in focus) to work:

Send, {Media_Next}
sleep 100
Send, {Media_Play_Pause}
return
Last Edit: March 03, 2022, 06:14:46 AM by hiccup