Author Topic: (solved) MusicBee wants to delete all songs upon sync  (Read 2176 times)

ACardAttack

I havent had this issue in a long time, perhaps never with musicbee (but media monkey)

But no matter how I sync, wifi or by cable, music bee wants to remove every song before syncing.  I havent changed anything, havent updated phone or music bee (though I have now to see if it fixed it and it didnt).

I checked, all options and locations are the same.  I even tried my other phone I use just for media and it too wants to delete every song before syncing.

Any idea on why and how to fix this?  Rather not have to resync my entire library

Windows 10, Galaxy s20 android 12

Thanks
Last Edit: March 01, 2022, 11:59:29 PM by ACardAttack

phred

• Global Moderator
At the end of the sync preview, scroll down to the very bottom and you should see something like "xxxx other files to transfer." For whatever reason it is deleting the files and then copying them again. Perhaps the date stamp on the files has changed.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

ACardAttack

At the end of the sync preview, scroll down to the very bottom and you should see something like "xxxx other files to transfer." For whatever reason it is deleting the files and then copying them again. Perhaps the date stamp on the files has changed.

I know it is planning on recopying them, date stamps have not changed on my entire music library.  It shows it will copy over all the files again, but that takes a lot of time. 

phred

• Global Moderator
Have you looked at the error log on the sync app? And in MB?

I agree it takes time to sync your entire collection, but you have two choices - do the sync or never sync again. When I had a similar issue I did the full sync. It happened a couple of times after, but overall it's only been syncing what has changed or is new.
Last Edit: February 28, 2022, 09:51:33 PM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

ACardAttack

Figured out the issue, I forgot I've had this happen before

I have all my files stored music /artist, but for what ever reason music bee thinks it should be in music/music /artist

So I have to create a new folder and move music folder into, rename it music and then it's all good. Unfortunately I wiped my bigger SD card before realizing this so I'll have to resync everything