Author Topic: Subsonic Client  (Read 146254 times)

phred

• Global Moderator
this has been fixed with a patched version of MusicBee, so when that becomes available it shouldn't be a problem anymore.
If Steven fixed the MB issue in a patch version, then the patch is already available.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

JMW

Hi,

I am sorry if this is the wrong place to post this question and plea for help...

I have a Subsonic server set up at home which works fine with the android app and I am able to log in using the web interface. I really want to link MusicBee to my Windows 11 machine and use the subsonic plugin but I cant seem to get it to work.  I am certain 100% that my hostname user and password are correct but to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I really don't want to use any other player as MusicBee is the best one by far....so much so I spot Steven a few quid every now and again when I can afford it....it really is that good...

Thanks once again 

phred

• Global Moderator
but I cant seem to get it to work.  I am certain 100% that my hostname user and password are correct but to no avail.
More details please.
What version of MB are you using? (Help > About)
How was MB installed? (Store, Installer, Portable)
How/Where did you install the plugin?
What happens when it "doesn't work"?
Do you see the plugin in Preferences > Plugins?
Is there anything in the Error Log at the time you try it? (Help > Support > View Error Log)

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

JMW

Hi phred,

Thanks for any help you may be able to give me.

I am using MB Version 3.4.8102
MB was installed using the installer (no settings or folder locations were changed during this)
The plugin was from the MB plugins pages, extracted and copied over to the plugins folder in the MusicBee folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\MusicBee\Plugins)
Once copied over, I restarted MB, and go to configure the plugin.
As for the error log, please see the attached................

OK.......this is pleasing (for me) and annoying (for wasting your time)

I just tried getting an error log, so had to replicate the issue again, as I had shut MB down...guess what....Pinged successfully (rather than giving me a massive error) and MB is now running Getindexes. I am going to assume I will have no issues from here on in.

Thanks for helping anyway, it's really appreciated.

phred

• Global Moderator
Thanks for the additional information. Glad to hear a simple restart took care of the issue.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

beenoob

MusicBee installed on Windows 11 (192.168.100.16).
Airsonic (:4040), Gonic (:7000) installed on Raspberry Pi moodeaudio OS (192.168.100.18)

Both Airsonic and Gonic are accessible on the webserver page.

But when I try to put these details in the MusicBee Subsonic plugin, I get the error - The server did not respond to Ping as expected!

Am I doing something wrong?

MusicBee Version - 3.4.8033
Subsonic Client Version - 2.33.0
Installed from full installer.
Plugin installed by copying it to C:\Program Files (x86)\MusicBee\Plugins
Error - Ping response not OK. The server did not respond to Ping as expected!
Yes, the plugin is visible in the Preferences > Plugins
Nothing in the Error log about the plugin error or any error at the time of using the plugin.
Last Edit: March 27, 2022, 04:57:33 AM by beenoob

Brant

I'm using Ampache and it implements its version of the subsonic API. I've got it working with a couple of clients running on Linux and Android. I tried to use this plugin and it fails to connect. Based on my access logs I believe that the problem that this plugin+Ampache is having is that Ampache expects all the /rest/* requests to have a .view extension (e.g. /rest/ping.view rather than /rest/ping).

kornkid5622

Hi I'm attempting to use the Subsonic Plugin with a Navidrome server, and I am able to connect and even see my music library, but can't get it to show in the main page of MusicBee only the dropdown..

the only time I can get it to show anything in the library is if I select a single album in the Subsonic Dropdown

is there any way to get it to show the whole library when I click on Subsonic?
Last Edit: October 23, 2022, 06:50:14 PM by kornkid5622

MiDWaN

is there any way to get it to show the whole library when I click on Subsonic?

Not currently.
There used to be an option to pre-cache all the subfolders of the server, but it was causing too much trouble (especially with large collections), so it was removed a few versions back. I will take another look at this at some point, however.

MiDWaN

Just wanted to let everyone know, I published a new version of the MB_Subsonic plugin today!
Version 3 brings support for multiple server Profiles (you can configure as many as you want, but only one is active at a time), and includes some breaking changes as well - make sure to read the release notes:
https://github.com/BlitterStudio/MB_SubSonic/releases/tag/v3.0

I also have a donation page up, if you would like to buy me a coffee and help support my projects: https://ko-fi.com/midwan

DexEngineer

Trying to connect to Navidrome on NAS via domain name navidrome.nas.local, which is registered in local DNS server.
When testing with Ping Server button, the error is presented:
Code
Error retrieving response from Subsonic server:
System.Net.HttpRequestException: An error occurred while sending the request. --> System.Net.WebException:
Unable to connect to remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException:
An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions 192.168.2.14:443
The error is clear to me... MusicBee Subsonic Plugin is trying to use IP address.
The issue is that I use Nginx Proxy Manager for multiple services behind 192.168.2.14 address, e.g. jellyfin.nas.local, portainer.nas.local, etc.
Navidrome Web GUI or Substreamer Android App are connecting with navidrome.nas.local without that issue.

I guess something happens in PingServer function:
Code
        public static bool PingServer(SubsonicSettings settings)
        {
            _currentSettings = SettingsHelper.SanitizeSettings(new List<SubsonicSettings>{settings}).First();
            _serverName = BuildServerUri(_currentSettings);
        }

Regards

bbblimits

I'm having above issue as well. Can anyone suggest what to do here?