Author Topic: Switch to pinned Inbox tab when using "Locate playing track at source"  (Read 1387 times)

ma_t14

1) Have the Inbox node pinned as a tab and use a custom layout
2) Play a track from inside Inbox
3) Switch to another pinned tab with a custom layout
4) Use the "Locate playing track at source" command either by double click in player controls panel or through the context menu

Result: It creates new tab for inbox and locates the playing track there

Request: If a pinned Inbox tab already exists, switch to that tab and locate the playing track there

The main reason I would like to have this is, currently when it opens a new Inbox tab, it (as expected) doesn't use the custom layout I have in the pinned Inbox tab.

EDIT
Several clarifications
Last Edit: February 12, 2022, 01:23:27 PM by ma_t14

The Incredible Boom Boom

+1

If this is implemented and not limited to just an Inbox tab, that would also be cool. I accidentally try to "Locate track..." from a different tab at times and a new one is created instead of switching to the already created one.

ma_t14

Yeah, a more general request where "locate track" always goes to the originating tab, especially if it's a pinned tab with a custom layout, makes more sense.

Steven

• Administrator
I have improved the locate track at source functionality and it now covers the scenario described. I will make it available after some more testing

ma_t14

I have improved the locate track at source functionality and it now covers the scenario described. I will make it available after some more testing

Thank you!