Author Topic: Allow the vertical Column Browser to be added to the Left Sidebar/Main Panel  (Read 1623 times)

Shy Guy on Wheels

To make it consistent with any other element that goes on the side of the main panel. This should allow it to be stacked on top off, or be a tab with those other elements. Currently this can't be done, meaning that an entire extra column is required for any other elements that are placed on the left side of the screen when the vertical Column Browser.

MCDoubleDefDP

I also wanted to do this, but had to settle on the Thumbnail Browser. While more attractive, the TB doesn't allow for multiple filters or selections like the Column Browser does.

DiaborMagics

I get that this is old and hardly replied to, but since I have a very similar suggestion I'll post it in here regardless.

+1 for this, though vertical or horizontal does not matter to me.

In panel arrangement I can't drag the column browser anywhere and I really want it in the Left Main Panel. It's taking up space on the top of my playlist overview, but on the Left Main Panel I have only album cover art. It looks nice, but even when I make that panel big to increase the displayed album art size, there is a lot of empty space where the Column Browser could better be.
Much more efficient use of the space and I could add more colums to that browser then too without it looking like a squished together sandwich (I only display 2 columns in the column browser currently because A I hardly use it since I mainly work with playlists and B every column would be even tinier with more of them there. And it already looks kind of ugly, taking that space above the playlist overview. But I just can't drag it elsewhere).