Author Topic: Hide track number on device  (Read 1539 times)

Heidiko4

Hi everyone,
I'm new to Musicbee and I am not even sure if my problem is linked to the program or my mp3 device, but I thought I'd try to ask.
The order of tracks of my albums, as long as I'm just using Musicbee on my computer, is fine. But as soon as I transfer the album to my device it sorts them by titles. I know that I can change that by chaning the setting of the musc file, but that doesn't really help because then when the songs are on my device i just see a lot of numbers and later on only the title
Basically when I sync an album to my device I would like it to maintain the order of the tracks without showing the track number. Because if I sort it just by title the order gets all messed up.
Is there a way to hide the track number but still having my device recognise that there is an order to follow?

right now the setting I'm using for the music files is this:  Music\<Album Artist>\<Album>\<Title>

I hope that I was able to explain my issue clearly enough.
Thanks to anybody that helps :)

hypomanie

What criteria does your mp3 player use to sort the files? Does is sort by Folders/Filenames or tags?

Heidiko4

@hypomanie

Thanks for you response! It sorts by tags I believe.. not to sure though, I'm not an expert with tech stuff...

phred

• Global Moderator
This is not an issue with MB.

It's up to the player application that you're using on the device to deal with sorting. Check the player's configuration settings. Or the support forum for the player.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Heidiko4

@phred

Ok, I will see what I can do then with my device! :)

Thank you anyways!