Author Topic: Add custom urls for auto-tagging  (Read 1275 times)

TheArachne

I have found the lyrics auto-tag to be shotty at best (Wrong song lyrics and such), As well as some Various Artist Albums (Compilations) tend to not be on the urls MusicBee uses, I see that under the Preferences, There is a tab for the urls ( Preferences > Tags (2) > auto-tagging) But how do I add custom tags?
The Two sites I tend to use is discogs dot com (idk if links are ok <,< ) for Album info and genius for lyrics. Also Sorry if this has been asked before, I looked around and couldn't find anything about it, I also checked the Plug-ins and didn't see anything there that seemed helpful in this case. Thanks for Reading!

DarkTemplar

I would very much like it if we could search other providers! There are many songs in my playlist that just don't get recognized.

phred

• Global Moderator
I would very much like it if we could search other providers! There are many songs in my playlist that just don't get recognized.
If you haven't tried the Lyrics Reloaded (Updated) plugin, you should try it. The ability to create a custom provider exists, but it's tricky to get the proper syntax for the provider.

You can also create a custom web link (Preferences > Internet > custom web links) and use that to find lyrics and manually copy/paste them into the music file.

Once you have the link set up, you need to make it appear. Preferences > Layout (1) > track information > customize layout > show web links
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

DarkTemplar

This looks great, thank you so much!  :)  I will check this out.

Do these custom web links work with auto-tagging and lyrics? New to MusicBee, so this question might sound silly!

phred

• Global Moderator
Do these custom web links work with auto-tagging and lyrics?
No, they don't. You'll need to copy/paste the lyrics. If you need help seeing the coding for the various links I have listed, just ask.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here