Author Topic: Duplicate songs from Playlists  (Read 4168 times)

frankz

The playlist files (M3U or whatever format you set) should get synced with the rest of it.  They'll be in the folder where set them to go in the "Playlist Storage" section of the device Settings screen.  They're the last thing to get sent during sync, after the music files.

If you're not seeing them on the device, you're either looking in the wrong place on the device or you're stopping the sync before it's over.

dirtee

frankz

My playlist path is "music\playlist\".

So Frankz, where *should* my playlist files be? In their own folder?
They should be in music\playlist\ if that's where you set them to go.  Do you not see them there in your phone's file manager?

I'm assuming you'd then have to tell MediaMonkey where to look for them in some way.

phred

• Global Moderator
So Frankz, where *should* my playlist files be? In their own folder?
They should be in music\playlist\ if that's where you set them to go.  Do you not see them there in your phone's file manager?
I'm assuming you'd then have to tell MediaMonkey where to look for them in some way.
[/quote]
As frankz says, the playlists (text files) should be where ever you told MB to put them. But since your second screen shot is cut off at the bottom, we can't see where you have your playlist  storage. Look at that field and with a file explorer, check your device to see if the playlist files are there.

And again, as frankz says, you probably have to tell MediaMonkey where to find the playlists.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

dirtee

I'm struggling here!

The M3U files are indeed where they're supposed to be when I looked with file explorer: that is "Samsung Memory Card\music\playlist", where the storage path is set in the Music Bee settings. My previous question was whether this folder was an appropriate place for them to be, or whether they should be somewhere else on the memory card for Media Monkey to be able to read them.

My Media Monkey Android is set to scan for any files in "Samsung Memory Card (all)", so I assume that it SHOULD be picking them up?
When I go to select/add the specific folder within the Samsung Memory Card, just to try it out, the files don't show up on Media Monkey, I assume that's because they're not songs, so don't show up there?

I tried ticking "Use relative paths" to see if that would make a difference, but no.

Here's an image of the playlist settings I never sent last time:
https://www.mediafire.com/view/jd7uurtd979pvhi/MusicBee3.jpg/file

Also, on the MusicBee Wifi Sync, there's a Full Sync and a Playlist Sync option.
If my configurations on MusicBee are ONLY for a playlist sync anyways, there shouldn't really be a difference between those two for me, should there?

Sorry about the long post!
But again, thanks for your help guys!

frankz

Last question first, if you configure the sync in MusicBee and check "as configured in MusicBee" then the other option is ignored.

First question last, this is the MusicBee forum, we really can't help you with Media Monkey problems. MusicBee's job is to get the playlists to the device and it appears to have done that.  There is no place that is more or less appropriate than where you have them going right now. It's down to personal preference and device player requirements. You may try to find out if there are any playlist format or location requirements for that app and make sure your preferences match them.
Last Edit: February 18, 2022, 08:56:27 PM by frankz

phred

• Global Moderator
Have you confirmed that MediaMonkey can read .m3u playlists? You really need to check with the Monkey people on what formats are accepted.
Have you tried a different music player on the device? If for no other reason than to confirm that the playlists are there and playable.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

dirtee

Hey guys, so first of all, I had downloaded a player called Omnia a little while back whilst I was trying to figure stuff out, and after rescanning everything on it, the playlists are there and seem to be in order.

This does seem to be a MediaMonkey issue now, you're right frankz, MusicBee has done its job!

And to answer your question Phred, previously, when I'd manually transferred playlists and folders through file explorer onto the SD card, without using MusicBee, the playlists worked on MediaMonkey, so it CAN read M3U playlists.
But then I would get the duplicate files that I'm trying to avoid in the first place!

For now, I'll just start using Omnia and see how I get along with that!

Thank you both SOOOO much for your help, learnt quite a few things through this! And enjoying having my phone synched through Wifi now with MusicBee!

phred

• Global Moderator
Thanks for the feedback and glad to hear that all is right with your world.   :)

Also thanks for mentioning Omnia. I've been using GoneMad for years and am quite happy with it except for it's sorting. But Omnia looks interesting and I will try it out.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki