Author Topic: Library Statistics (Artists)  (Read 594 times)

wildscapes

List of artists in MusicBee library statistics don't match. I have 946 artists listed in my library statistics but in reality I have 950 based on the folder count. Just want to make sure I am not doing something wrong, all my artists are in one directory.

Thanks
PJL

Steven

• Administrator
are all the tracks actually added to the library?
There is no filtering when the count is done other than any filter you might have active against the music library. Also keep in a mind a single track can be associated with multiple artists so the counts might never match with the folder count

wildscapes

All the tracks are added. I keep everything in one directory, track count, album count match but the artist one is off, no biggie, i noticed this when I was looking at the backups, it shows in my music directory 950 artists (or folders) and in the MusicBee stats it shows 946....I have no filtering set.
Thanks for the reply...
PJL

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
If you have albums with multiple album artists they could be combined in MusicBee. For instance, if you have folders for B.B. King, Eric Clapton, and B.B. King & Eric Claptop (3 folders), you might only have 2 artists in MusicBee: B.B. King and Eric Clapton. It depends on how the files are tagged.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

wildscapes

I do have some artists that are combined, for example Chet Atkins and Mark Knopfler, they are tagged as ATKINS, Chet AND KNOPFLER, Mark, both artist and album artist are listed this way...but now that you mention it I have four of these such instances which is exactly where I am short, so that must be it....
Thanks....
PJL