Author Topic: cyrillic chars only ?  (Read 609 times)

noyse

hi

i have some (not all) tags that are Cyrillic but will be shown as ? in musicbee . i now that there some tools to fix this, but i do not know from what to what codepage it should be changed. maybe someone can help me.
As an example, this audio file can be used https://drive.google.com/file/d/17lJOORwgPyTXoo5UeVBJBgMQSxGi9jA3/view?usp=sharing

THX

The Incredible Boom Boom

Is it possible your tags are MusicBee are showing as ID3v1, which I'm not sure supports UTF character encoding?
Try using MP3TAG to switch some test tracks to ID3v2 UTF-16.

I have tracks with Cyrillic characters and have never had problems displayed them.

noyse

i do not know what exactly the problem was - mp3tag shows me the tags id3v2.4 the v1 tag had ? as you expected. musicbee says only parts of the tags are v2. finally, i solved this problem with taking id tags from file name so all mp3s with a false tag were rewrittenand are okay now.

sveakul

noyse: ID3v1 does not support unicode;  ID3v2.3 supports UTF-16, v2.4 will do UTF-8.  Your screenshot from Mp3tag shows the file has a mix of v2.4 and v1 tags (at least).  All kinds of ways to solve that but those include the way you chose so  glad you're OK now.