Author Topic: Remove "(Abum Version)" "(Explicit Version)" etc. from song title for multiples?  (Read 963 times)

rgujiohgrwuio

I have albums where, after each track title, it'll have something in brackets that I want removed. It becomes tedious having to do it for multiple songs.

Examples can include but not limited to: "(Album Version)" / "(Explicit Version)" / "(*Year* Remastered Version)" etc.

Is there any simple way to remove these? Some songs may contain opening/closing brackets as part of the official title but

NB: I'm not talking about renaming the file as its displayed in Windows Explorer (PowerRename in Windows PowerToys works really well for that), I'm talking specifically about the "Musical Properties' Title" field.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
[Edited] The built-in Search and Replace tool allows regex searching (so you should be able to search for something that starts and ends with parentheses), but if that doesn't work try the Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools plugin.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

rgujiohgrwuio

[Edited] The built-in Search and Replace tool allows regex searching (so you should be able to search for something that starts and ends with parentheses), but if that doesn't work try the Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools plugin.

This worked! Many thanks :) <3

Steps for anyone who finds this later:

0. I would always recommend making a backup of your library in case you make a mistake.
1. Select all applicable songs (I selected the entire library to remove all instances)
2. Tools -> Tagging Tools -> Search and replace
3a. In "Search For" type what you want removed (e.g. Album Version).
3b. In "Field" I put "Any Field"
3c. In "Replace With" leave empty
4. Click "Preview" then check over all files, if you're satisfied Save.

phred

• Global Moderator
Steps for anyone who finds this later:
0. I would always recommend making a backup of your library in case you make a mistake.
1. Select all applicable songs (I selected the entire library to remove all instances)
Good advice. The only thing I would add, between 0 and 1, is to test on a couple of tracks/albums before you apply to your entire collection.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here