Author Topic: UPNP and Multiple players  (Read 754 times)

netbuster

Hi, this perhaps should have been two postings but I put them together.

I would first like to start of with tons of thanks for the best Windows Music software available - it is awesome!

I have seen discussions about an UPNP app (I use Android version of Bubble UPNP). If you were to create something for Android/iPhone I think you could hit the Jackpot  ;)  Your software is the closest to Roon there is and they charge a lot.

My limited knowledge about programming still tells me that it is most likely hard to move over to those two plattforms - but again it could be a goldmine. I have MusicBee on my workstation and work from home, being a HiFi nerd the desktop set-up is of very good quality with proper equipment. In the living room there is the best of the best (according to me of course) but Bubble can't measure upto MusicBee when controlling the network player.

From my desktop I have a wired speaker connection over to another pair of speakers - also in the living room just for an allaround sound during the work day but would it be possible to over the network use two renderers? My computer set-up as well as the main stereo?

All the best
Stefan

phred

• Global Moderator
If you read the UPNP/DLNA thread, you'll notice that it's no longer being developed. And that it works as is for some people and not for others. For those that it isn't working, it becomes a memory hog. To the point of blue-screening the PC. Even if it isn't being used. Just having the plugin installed can cause the issue.

Steven has abandoned it because he just doesn't have the time to work on a plugin where the destination source has so many variables. He's offered up the source code to anyone who wants to take it over, but no one has stepped up.

That being said, I doubt very much he would put any time into your request. I do not speak for Steven, but if my memory is correct, he did the WiFi Android app as an experiment to see if he could. Also, I'm not sure Steven -wants- to hit the jackpot. He is the only source of official support. He created and maintains MB as a hobby. Hitting the jackpot would increase the number of questions and issues and could quite possibly become overwhelming. Again, these are just my thoughts, not Steven's.

Since the forum is the only method of support, other more experienced users provide answers and suggestions and troubleshooting tips so that Steven doesn't have to. When a major developer (Google?) announced they were stopping their music service, the number of new members here increased dramatically. With many, many questions and complaints.

Just my two cents.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here