Author Topic: After CD Ripping  (Read 855 times)

Fantine

All,

I am a very Newbie to MB, after moving away from ITunes, I have a problem that is most probably very easy to solve, although I cannot find the solution  at the moment.

I have been adding music via external HDD, this was going very well, until I realised I needed to add actual CD Rips to complete an artist discography, I successfully ripped 3 x CDs to complete the discography, although now all tracks and albums I added from the HDD  now have a RED X next to each track and none of these will play.

The 3 x Ripped CDs are the only tracks that I can play.

Please help me get the HDD tracks back along with the Ripped CD tracks

Many Thanks For any help

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!

It sounds like everything's going fine with the CD ripping. I don't know of any reason that would interfere with your other tracks.

The files that won't play, can you confirm that they're at the location MusicBee expects them to be at? Is it possible the drive letter changed or something?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Fantine

Thanks for the reply.

Nothing has changed as far as I am aware, I was ripping the 3rd CD, please be aware that the HDD and the CD reader are both USB3 devices, if this makes any difference, As I was ripping the last CD, I noticed that the HDD files all had a RED X next to them.

The PC has 2 x USB3 ports, the HDD was plugged into one port and the CD Drive into the other.

The HDD port/cable is never disconnected, I can access the files on the drive as normal.

I have imported another album from the same HDD after ripping the CDs, this album plays fine. So I can play the 3 x CD and 1 x HDD album, all the initial HDD files still have a RED X next to each track

So even more confused now.

Any help appreciated

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
What is the file path for one of the files that won't play? What about one of the ones that will?
Last Edit: February 06, 2022, 07:19:05 PM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Fantine

One that wont play:
D:\Temp\Roxette Discography\Roxette\Look Sharp\01 The Look.mp3

One That will play: This is a CD Rip
C:\Users\namun\Music\MusicBee\Music\U2\Songs of Experience\06 Summer of Love.mp3

Another that will also play post the 3 x CD Ripping:
E:\NAM Temp\U2 - Ahimsa\U2 - Ahimsa (Single) (2019) (320).mp3

I have just looked at the path for the External HDD, it is now Drive E: it has always been Drive D:

Fantine

Just plugged in the Ext CD Drive, this has taken the D:\... 8ugger, can I re-map to drive E:\ the Ext HDD?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Just plugged in the Ext CD Drive, this has taken the D:\... 8ugger, can I re-map to drive E:\ the Ext HDD?

Yes, this is pretty easy. Use File > Library > Relink Music File Paths. All you have to do is put D:\ on the left side and E:\ on the right side and it should adjust.

You might find this helpful: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-assign-permanent-drive-letter-windows-10
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Fantine

Absolutely spot on, This fixed it in a second, Many Many Thanks for this help.

Really Appreciated.