Author Topic: Soundtrack titles/pictures will illegal characters in name  (Read 732 times)

sataraid1

After playing around and doing some reading, I finally figured out how to have specific pictures for soundtracks to appear in the "Now Playing" tab. One minor hangup, though.

I have a lot of soundtrack titles that have a colon ":" in the title. Yet I can't have a picture in the Soundtrack Pictures folder with a matching filename, because you can't use a colon in a filename.

Is there a workaround? Is there a different tag I can put the windows-approved filename and have it use that to match the picture?

Or do I just need to clean up all my soundtrack titles with forbidden characters and be done with it?

Thanks in advance!

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Try this for now...in place of the illegal character, insert an empty space.
So if you have an album named Tron: Legacy, use Tron  Legacy for your filenames and see if MB picks up the images.
I already spend hours on end on social media. Might as well spare a few of those to a greater purpose here.

Steven

• Administrator
having a quick look at the code it looks like the invalid character mapping used for the file organiser is used
By default ':' will map to a space so Mayibongwe's suggestion should work

sataraid1

Try this for now...in place of the illegal character, insert an empty space.
So if you have an album named Tron: Legacy, use Tron  Legacy for your filenames and see if MB picks up the images.

That suggestion did indeed work, thank you very much!

And how did you know I was listening to Tron: Legacy when the issue popped up? ;D

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Glad I could help.

And how did you know I was listening to Tron: Legacy when the issue popped up? ;D
Crazy coincidence ::)
Do you also collect your own movie backdrops for every soundtrack that you have?
If so, do you mind sharing the sites that you use? (I normally use IMDb and FilmGrab. I could use a few others too)
I already spend hours on end on social media. Might as well spare a few of those to a greater purpose here.

sataraid1

I listen to a lot of soundtracks, so I will probably add backdrops as I listen to albums for the first time in MusicBee.

I do already have a large folder of pictures from movies and shows that I use for desktop pictures, but most of them were just collected over the years from various sources.

I've hit this website for screen caps quite a lot in the last few days, it seems to have some pretty good stuff:

https://movie-screencaps.com/