Author Topic: Windows dependencies needed to run Musicbee under wine on linux?  (Read 871 times)

NEO123

I am trying to make Musicbee run on linux under wine and i would like to ask the developer to post a list of all Windows dependencies that are required to run the latest version of Musicbee. It will be of great help.

phred

• Global Moderator
Please search the forum and the Wiki before posting.
https://musicbee.fandom.com/wiki/FAQ#Will_MusicBee_be_ported_to_Mac.2FLinux.2Fother_OS.3F

Since Steven (the developer) doesn't run MB under linux/wine, he most likely can't answer your question.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

NEO123

The developer may not run Musicbee under Linux but knows what dependencies are needed under Windows. These dependencies can be used in wine.
These forum threads are old. I am asking if there are any new dependencies required for the latest version, because i am having issues of making the latest version of Musicbee works properly under wine.

phred

• Global Moderator
I am asking if there are any new dependencies required for the latest version, because i am having issues of making the latest version of Musicbee works properly under wine.
In that case I suggest posting your question in the "Now MB Runs Under WINE" thread.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

phred

• Global Moderator
Or I can move this thread over there for you.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

hiccup

I am asking if there are any new dependencies required for the latest version, because i am having issues of making the latest version of Musicbee works properly under wine.
Could suggestions/tools from this website perhaps be helpful?:
https://www.raymond.cc/blog/check-what-dll-or-ocx-dependency-files-is-needed-for-a-software/