Author Topic: Displaying Un-Numbered tracks in Alphabetical order by Album?  (Read 659 times)

bruhuff

I've combed the Forum with no avail on the above topic.  It seems that albums that I have acquired that are missing track numbers at times appear in a random title order, and not alphabetically.  I've tried to use the sort feature to no avail.  I've attached a screenshot in iTunes (I've abandoned), and the same shot in MB with the current preferences that I think should force titles into title order, but it doesn't.  Is there a setting I'm missing?  Link is below

https://imgur.com/a/Nce6k5k

Zak

• Global Moderator
The triangle in the column heading in your screenshot shows your tracks are being sorted by the Sort Artist column and nothing else.

I think you may have misunderstood how sorting is applied.
The preferences dialog is where you define which fields are used for each of the sorting sets numbered 1 to 8.
But after you've set those up, you still need to apply one to the library view.

Click on the view heading above the Column Browser (where it says Album and Tracks etc. just outside the top-left corner of your screenshot) and select one of your sorting options there:

Bee excellent to each other...

hiccup

There is also a hidden feature that you may or may not be aware of:
You could click the 'Title' header while having [Ctrl] pressed down:

bruhuff

Zak and hiccup:
Thanks for the tips.  Both worked.  Had to experiment on adding some custom sorting options, but eventually works just fine.
Again, thans for the quick response!!