Author Topic: Series of Albums continue to list as one album, many tracks.  (Read 1591 times)

Zak

• Global Moderator
I deleted the artist altogether, then hit INSERT. The album tags were filled out, but not shown bold letters above tracks. Somehow I bumbled into getting them displayed. The question is "is there a way to fully refresh the albums under any one artist's name?" (Think of the equivalent of hitting F5 to refresh whatever's being shown in Windows Explorer)
Send To > File Rescan in the right-click context menu will force MusicBee to re-read all the tags if you have edited them in another program, like Mp3tag.
You can assign a shortcut key to this command if you will be doing it a lot.
Bee excellent to each other...

RBEmerson

F5 takes me where I want to go.

Now, all I have to do is figure a work-around for trying to change tags on actual files (MusicBee's library is working just fine). I've got that cursed "unable to write this file" problem Win10 dreams up. Grrr...

The usual trick is to change the file's ownership. BTDT and nada... Sure makes me wish I could get more done under Linux.
Some days I have no idea about what I'm doing. Other days I wonder why I'm doing it.

phred

• Global Moderator
Now, all I have to do is figure a work-around for trying to change tags on actual files (MusicBee's library is working just fine). I've got that cursed "unable to write this file" problem Win10 dreams up. Grrr...
What is the path to the directory where your music files live?
Have you checked to make sure the files aren't 'read-only'?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

RBEmerson

This is an old problem that shows up only when I stumble across an uncooperative file. MP3tag shows up the problem. I just sent a sample file to him.

Everything looks right, the ownership, permissions, etc. look fine. The file plays, but something is wrong somewhere. I think it has to do with being a .wav file. I don't recall mp3's doing this to me.

I 've been asked about file integrity (whatever that really means). MediaInfo doesn't complain about the file. Audacity will read it without a problem. The exported .wav works, naturally.

Supposedly Foobar2000 can do some sort of check. Installed it, looking for the utility, which no longer exists, if it ever did. Anyway, I was reminded about why I uninstalled it, and stay with MusicBee. :)
Some days I have no idea about what I'm doing. Other days I wonder why I'm doing it.

phred

• Global Moderator
I think it has to do with being a .wav file. I don't recall mp3's doing this to me.
You never mentioned that the file(s) were in wav format. Which can not deal with tags in any reliable manner.

As a test, use MB to convert one of the problem wav files to a flac or mp3 file and see if the problem goes away.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

RBEmerson

Sorry, didn't think format mattered here. Anyway, AFAIK all of the problematic files are .WAV files. The MP3tag developer has one of the misbehavings files now.

Converting from .WAV to FLAC, etc. doesn't say much more than the conversion can be done. The resulting file will be a new file. The problem is with old, somehow "infected", files. FWIW, I used Audacity to export an "infected" .WAV to another .WAV file (that is, Audacity opened sick.wav, and exported it as not-sick.wav). No problem with tweaking the tags in the exported .WAV, only the source files has problems.

I share your mistrust of .WAV tags. They are often a moving target unlike, for example, .MP3. Oh, well, I'll let Florian (developer) see if he can turn up something. Oh, the joys of modern technology! LOL