Author Topic: Some hotkeys not kept when changing the interface language  (Read 647 times)

karbock

Some hotkeys are not kept when choosing another interface language.

Concerned actions:
* (EN) View: Theater mode
    --> (FR) Affichage: Mode Cinéma
    --> (IT) Visualizza: Modalità home theater
* (EN) View: Theater mode - Show list
    --> (FR) Affichage: Mode Cinéma - Afficher la liste
    --> (IT) Visualizza: Modalità home theater - elenco visualizzazioni

Note: I haven't performed an exhaustive check of the hotkeys, so I don't know if other actions are concerned.

* MB version 3.4.8033 portable (but the bug showed up in the installed version, too)
* Win 10 x64

Steps to reproduce:
* Interface language = EN
* Define hotkeys for the two actions above.
* Choose another interface language (I have tried with FR and IT).
* Result: hotkeys not available anymore (unless you revert to the original interface language).

The behaviour also shows up when defining the hotkeys in FR and then switching to EN/IT.

After changing the language and noticing that the hotkeys are not present, if you want to re-assign them, you get a confirmation window.
Warning message in EN: F9 is used for '' - do you want to reassign it to 'View: Theater Mode'?

Screenshots available here.

Anyway, thanks to Steven and the team for their brilliant work: MB is a pure gem!

Steven

• Administrator
due to the way this functionality is implemented i dont see a solution and you will need to re-select the hotkeys when switching languages

karbock

Thanks for your answer.
It's not a big deal to me, I mentioned it just in case it would affect things I didn't suspect.

I understand that the work needed exceeds the benefit for those rare cases of language switching.
Should I need it more often, I could still write a workaround with, say, gawk or Perl.