Author Topic: I can't get auto-tag to behave!  (Read 803 times)

greatfox

Help!
:)
I have files such as this:
E:\FLAC\Vinyl rips\The Jets - Private Number (12 inch)\Audio Files\The Jets - 01 - Private Number (12 inch mix).flac

I have musicbee collecting files from the FLAC folder automatically and putting them into INBOX. 
I am trying to infer tags from these file name and paths so that it gets the Artist name and album name from the 3rd folder (The Jets - Private Number (12 inch), and then the track number and song name from the file itself.  Or whatever way works.  Is this possible?

All the files will be in common folder FLAC\Vinyl rips.

Thanks

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
In the topic subject, you mentioned that you can't get Auto-Tag by track (infer and update tags from filenames) to behave...where is it failing?
When you use something like <Artist> - <Album>\Audio Files\<Artist> - <Track#> - <Title>, don't you get the results that you're expecting when you hit preview?
And inside your album folders, are all your tracks contained in an "Audio Files" folder? If so, then the above should work well I think.
Favourite song at the moment:   Decode by Paramore

greatfox

In the topic subject, you mentioned that you can't get Auto-Tag by track (infer and update tags from filenames) to behave...where is it failing?
When you use something like <Artist> - <Album>\Audio Files\<Artist> - <Track#> - <Title>, don't you get the results that you're expecting when you hit preview?
And inside your album folders, are all your tracks contained in an "Audio Files" folder? If so, then the above should work well I think.

Ah, I see.  I did do that, and I was confused because in the preview window, it was missing artist= because dbpoweramp had somehow already tagged the artist when I FLAC'd the files.
Thanks!