Author Topic: Theater Mode Plugin Update Question  (Read 4171 times)

Tommy

Hi.
I've got one question regarding the Theater Mode plugin update.
This update created October 21, 2021 broke my Theater Mode List & Theater Mode Embedded.
My XML files are not honored as I did set them up.
Everything changed like resolution, Album Art size etc.
Is there any way for me to use the new mb_TheaterModePlugin.dll without breaking what I've setup in my XML files ?
Probably only Steven can answer that, but if anyone else knows, I would appreciate any feedback regarding this matter.
Thanks in advance.
Tommy

Steven

• Administrator
a good starting point is to post a link to one of your theatre mode skins, and to let me know what dpi scale you have configured windows (see in control panel/ display)
A screenshot might also be helpful

Tommy

Thanks for your reply.

I'm on the latest Windows 10 version 21H2

Display Settings:

Old Plugin Theater Mode Embedded:

Old Plugin Theater Mode List:

Updated Plugin Theater Mode Embedded:

Updated Plugin Theater Mode List:

This is not only about the Album Art, it's also about Lyrics, Playlist and Artist Biography, but I think that would be too many screenshots.

Any suggestions from you would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Tommy

Steven

• Administrator

Tommy

Thanks for looking into this.

Here are the XML files and the old plugin which works.

Theater Mode Embedded:

Theater Mode List:

DLL Plugin:

Thanks again.
Tommy

Steven

• Administrator
Older versions of the plugin did not apply DPI scaling. Because this skin is using absolute values eg. album cover is 800x800px, rather than making it relative to the panel size, when 125% scaling is applied then it no longer fits on the available space. If you are going to use the latest plugin version then you will either need to resize things down by 20% or make the elements relative to anchor points that adjust as the window is resized

Tommy

If you are going to use the latest plugin version then you will either need to resize things down by 20% or make the elements relative to anchor points that adjust as the window is resized

Could you please give me one example on how to make the elements relative to the anchor points ?
Tommy

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Could you please give me one example on how to make the elements relative to the anchor points ?
Take a look at the ReadMe.txt file that's in ...\MusicBee\Plugins\TheaterMode.List
You'll get a good picture of how anchors can be used. If you still don't understand, you can come back here and I'll walk you through it.

Does doing this make any difference? https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=35951.0
Favourite song at the moment:   Decode by Paramore

Tommy

Does doing this make any difference? https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=35951.0

It absolutely did.

Thank you very much for your help.

I've been scratching my head for ages to get this fixed, and I couldn't.

Adding this one line in the XML file did it:

<settings dpiScale="125" />

Thanks again, I really do appreciate it.
Tommy

Steven

• Administrator
I forgot about that setting. It tells the plugin that the skin is built for 125% dpi scaling and its definitely the best solution