Author Topic: when trying to rip CD's I get an encoding error failed  (Read 677 times)

DaveV

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 6
I ripped a CD awhile back and it worked. I've recently installed Windows 11 don't know if that has anything to do with it. I tried ripping in MP3, WMA etc. tried different CD's Ive looked in the Rip settings and the encoding tab but don't know what to do when in there. it takes you to lame file. Thanks Dave

phred

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 7594
What version of MB are you using? (Help > About)
How was MB installed? (Store, Installer, Portable)
What happens when you start the RIP?
Does ripping a CD using a different application work? If not, then Win 11 is likely the reason.
Is there anything in the error log from the time you tried ripping? (Help > Support > View Error Log)
Posting a screenshot of the error message may help.
Posting a screenshot of your rip settings may help.
Posting a screenshot of your encoder settings may help.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.4 patch from here.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 beta patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
Check out the MusicBee Wiki.
How to post screenshots is here

DaveV

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 6
Hi, Thanks for looking into my message. I have MB version 3.4.2.0 It was installed  by installer. I can rip CD's using windows media player. I sent along some screenshots. Thanks again, Dave (Not sure where the screenshots went)

phred

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 7594
(Not sure where the screenshots went)
When replying to a message, follow the instructions above the area where you enter your text. Directly under the "Subject" and "Message icon" fields.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.4 patch from here.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 beta patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
Check out the MusicBee Wiki.
How to post screenshots is here


phred

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 7594
" />" />" />
We're going to need a little more information than that.

If you're trying to post a screen shot, it didn't work. Read Reply #3.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.4 patch from here.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 beta patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
Check out the MusicBee Wiki.
How to post screenshots is here


phred

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 7594
" />" />" />" />
You need to UPLOAD your screenshot image file(s) to some hosting site. It can't be stored locally. Please follow the instructions I referenced.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.4 patch from here.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 beta patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
Check out the MusicBee Wiki.
How to post screenshots is here

DaveV

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 6

psychoadept

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 10613
I edited your post so that we can see the full size versions of your screenshots.

According to the first image, your destination folder is D:\, which is also the drive you're ripping from. Try changing the "save to folder" to your Music folder on C:\.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

DaveV

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 6
Changing to C did the trick. Its working great. Thanks for your help, Thanks again Dave