Author Topic: Autoplaylist sort order reverts to alphabetical when starting musicbee  (Read 1164 times)

SonicRings

This is an issue I've been noticing lately. I'm on 3.5.8050 P, and sometimes when I start musicbee, regardless of which tab/view I'm on, if I navigate to my playlists, they'll be displayed in alphabetical order as opposed to the order I have set. When I hit f5, it gets fixed and shows the order I set.

Here is a gif of this happening. My playlists are set to sort by date added (album) (desc).

https://gfycat.com/rashclosedgerbil

Steven

• Administrator
its very hard to follow
So you started MB, dreamhop music was the initial playlist and it was sorted correctly? Was its sort order date added (album) (desc)?
Then you clicked on Chillhop which was incorrectly sorted alphabetically. If you click the sort menu at that point what does it show?
And then you clicked another playlist and back again to Chillhop which is now sorted correctly by Date Added

SonicRings

its very hard to follow
So you started MB, dreamhop music was the initial playlist and it was sorted correctly? Was its sort order date added (album) (desc)?
Then you clicked on Chillhop which was incorrectly sorted alphabetically. If you click the sort menu at that point what does it show?
And then you clicked another playlist and back again to Chillhop which is now sorted correctly by Date Added

When I started MusicBee, Dreamhop music was the initial playlist and it was not sorted correctly. None of my playlists were. They were incorrectly sorted alphabetically (the way my main library is sorted).

Its sort order was set to date added (album) (desc), as were the other playlists I showed.

Clicking the sort menu shows the correctly chosen date added (album) (desc) sorting, despite it actually sorting alphabetically.

The third playlist I clicked was also sorted incorrectly, then I hit f5, which made it sort correctly. Then, all my playlists were sorted correctly.

Whether or not the playlists were sorted correctly, the sort menu always said they were being sorted by date added (album) (desc).

It does this about 1/3 times I start musicbee.

SonicRings

i cant reproduce the issue but could you try this version:
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee35_Patched.zip

Thank you. I just installed it but the issue remains. Curiously, it only happens on a few autoplaylists. As in, when specifically Dreamhop Music is the last playlist that's open before closing MusicBee, the next time I start musicbee and it displays Dreamhop Music, it will be in alphabetical order, as well as all my other playlists, until I hit f5.

I've made what I believe is a clearer / easier to follow gif: https://gfycat.com/passionatetiredgroundbeetle

This doesn't happen on a few other playlists, but it does happen with a few other playlists still. Chilledcow and Chillhop don't cause this issue, for example, while Chilled Cat and Dreamhop do. This is very strange considering they're all using library as source and the match pattern is Path > Starts WIth > "D:\EVERYTHING\[FLAC]\Chilled Cat [FLAC]" etc. for their respective folders.

The only differences I can think of are their playlist names, descriptions, custom headers and custom text colour. Let me know which files you'd like me to provide to offer more insight.

Here is a gif showing that this only happens when dreamhop/chilled cat are the last playlist to be open before closing and re-opening musicbee: https://gfycat.com/excitablespiritedleafwing
Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 12:54:35 AM by SonicRings

Steven

• Administrator
The only suggestion i have is to check the error log for anything around the time the issue occurs.
Otherwise I will leave this unsolved

SonicRings

The only suggestion i have is to check the error log for anything around the time the issue occurs.
Otherwise I will leave this unsolved

There doesn't seem to be anything in my error log from the past week. Which I suppose is a good sign that the player's stable, but it doesn't explain why this peculiar issue is occurring.

Hopefully it somehow fixes itself with a future update. Until then, I'll have to remember to not close MusicBee while displaying those specific playlists that cause this issue, or to hit f5 when starting MusicBee when I do.