Author Topic: Rip a compilation CD according to iTunes standards  (Read 394 times)

Zijnzijn

Hi,
I'm relatively new to MusicBee and I'm running into a road block. I want to rip a compilation CD, but I want to have it be tagged according to iTunes various artists standards. I know where to find this checkmark when the files are already ripped, but I'm not sure how to make this happen as it rips.
I'm especially concerned about keeping compilation albums in a "Compilation" folder in Windows, like iTunes makes when I rip on there. Any tips?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!

The simplest way to get the folder structure you want would be to set the Album Artist to "Compilation" and use the file organizer to make sure it gets organized correctly. I essentially do this, except I use [compilation] to set it apart from the alphabetical list of Album Artists. (Actually, I leave Album Artist blank and use the "iTunes Compilation" flag, which has the same effect. But as you say, you have to set that flag after the album is ripped.)

Take a look at this page for more help: https://musicbee.fandom.com/wiki/File_Organization
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)