Author Topic: How can I make my MusicBee not freeze each time I select an autoplaylist?  (Read 1233 times)

SonicRings

For the longest time I've been experiencing this, and it seems to be getting slower and slower lately.

https://gfycat.com/disloyaldisastrousgnat

As per the gif/vid link, each time I select a new auto-playlist which hasn't been selected in the past x minutes, it takes a few seconds to load it.

This has been the case for as long as I can remember. I've provided an autoplaylist file below for Dreamhop Music, which is the second playlist I switch to in the vid.

MusicBee Portable is on an NVMe and my music is on an HDD. 3.5.8050 P.

Code
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<SmartPlaylist SaveStaticCopy="True" LiveUpdating="True" Layout="2" LayoutGroupBy="0" HeaderTextFg="-256" ShuffleMode="None" ShuffleSameArtistWeight="0.5" MinimumArtistGap="0" GroupBy="track" ConsolidateAlbums="False" MusicLibraryPath="C:\Users\Master\PortableApps\MusicBee 3.3 Update4\Library\[FLAC]\">
  <Source Type="8">
    <SourcePath Location="D:\EVERYTHING\[FLAC]\Dreamhop Music [FLAC]\" />
    <Description>Chill sounds to fill your dreams</Description>
    <Conditions CombineMethod="Any">
      <Condition Field="None" Comparison="IsNotNull" />
    </Conditions>
    <Limit FilterDuplicates="False" Enabled="False" Count="25" Type="Items" SelectedBy="Random" />
    <DefinedSort Id="15" />
    <Fields>
      <Group Id="TrackDetail">
        <Field Code="40" Width="48" />
        <Field Code="20" Width="15" />
        <Field Code="78" Width="29" />
        <Field Code="32" Width="266" />
        <Field Code="86" Width="39" />
        <Field Code="65" Width="353" />
        <Field Code="30" Width="212" />
        <Field Code="14" Width="39" />
        <Field Code="76" Width="50" />
        <Field Code="75" Width="75" />
        <Field Code="88" Width="85" />
        <Field Code="180" Width="69" />
        <Field Code="16" Width="52" />
      </Group>
    </Fields>
  </Source>
</SmartPlaylist>

Any insight is appreciated. I'd love to be able to click a playlist without anticipating waiting up to 10 seconds!

Steven

• Administrator
If the files in the folder D:\EVERYTHING\[FLAC]\Dreamhop Music [FLAC]\ are not in your music library or in a static playlist then the tag data will likely be removed from the database cache on restart, so will take ages to load if there are a lot of files

SonicRings

If the files in the folder D:\EVERYTHING\[FLAC]\Dreamhop Music [FLAC]\ are not in your music library or in a static playlist then the tag data will likely be removed from the database cache on restart, so will take ages to load if there are a lot of files

That makes sense. However, that folder is indeed in my library. The slowdown happens all the time without even restarting.
Last Edit: January 16, 2022, 09:37:17 AM by SonicRings

Steven

• Administrator
then use the music library as the source rather then the computer folder and add a filter criteria where path starts with: D:\EVERYTHING\[FLAC]\Dreamhop Music [FLAC]\

SonicRings

then use the music library as the source rather then the computer folder and add a filter criteria where path starts with: D:\EVERYTHING\[FLAC]\Dreamhop Music [FLAC]\
So THAT'S why it was so slow! I've just changed the source from folder to library and used the same filter criteria you suggested for my other playlists and it's much quicker now. Thanks a lot!