Author Topic: Unlinking the MusicBee love tag from last fm.  (Read 986 times)

shrimptune

I imported all my plays to last.fm with none of them importing the loved status, so I thought for consistency I would just keep it that way. So is it possible to make it so clicking the love button on MusicBee DOESNT also love the track on last.fm so I can still use it for local tagging purposes while keeping my last.fm consistent? I have synchronize Loved tracks unticked and it doesn't import loved status from last.fm, but it still updates outbound. Is there something I'm missing or is this something that's even possible? Thanks.

The Incredible Boom Boom

Tools -> Tagging Tools -> Sync Last.fm Loved Tracks should sync your loved tracks, provided the <Artist> <Title> and <Album> tags match what you have on Last.fm.
Then you can retick the synchronize options and won't have to keep up with two sets of loved tracks lists.

frankz

He wants to love tracks in MB but not have those loves go to last.fm while still having scrobbles go to last.fm. That's not possible. Loved Tracks are a last.fm thing.

Use ratings instead if it's just for use in MB. 5 for loved, blank for not loved, bomb icon for banned.  Or the full rating scale if it suits you.

The Incredible Boom Boom

Yes, but the reason for that is because the pre-MB loved tracks weren't being imported into MB.
I figured that he would prefer having his Loved tracks synced across the board, but is only working around because he couldn't get them into MB in the first place.

shrimptune

Yes, but the reason for that is because the pre-MB loved tracks weren't being imported into MB.
I figured that he would prefer having his Loved tracks synced across the board, but is only working around because he couldn't get them into MB in the first place.
Other way around. I couldn't get them into last.fm from MB

shrimptune

He wants to love tracks in MB but not have those loves go to last.fm while still having scrobbles go to last.fm. That's not possible. Loved Tracks are a last.fm thing.

Use ratings instead if it's just for use in MB. 5 for loved, blank for not loved, bomb icon for banned.  Or the full rating scale if it suits you.
In that case, is it possible to import the loved status from MB to last.fm? I know you can import from last.fm to MB but as far as I know that just goes one way.

The Incredible Boom Boom

Other way around. I couldn't get them into last.fm from MB

Lol
"I imported all my plays into last.fm with none of them importing the loved status, so I thought for consistency I would just keep it that way," or something is how I must've read your first sentence and it completely changed the entire meaning of the post. My bad. 😂

In that case, is it possible to import the loved status from MB to last.fm? I know you can import from last.fm to MB but as far as I know that just goes one way.

I would backup the ../MusicBee/Library (or just the library MBL) and the ../MusicBee/AppData (or just the ~Settings.ini) folders before doing what I'm about to suggest.
And for good measure, make a playlist with all your Loved tracks and export it as an M3U - just in case.
This way, you can recover your Loved tracks if the method doesn't work.

After you've created (and exported) the playlist, go to the plugin settings and enable the synchronization of Loved tracks to Last.FM.
Then, go to Hotkeys and assign a keyboard combination for 'Love all selected tracks' or however it's titled.
Then, restart MusicBee.
At this point, the tracks should sync with Last.FM and will lose their Loved status.
Now, go to the playlist you created above and select all the tracks. Then, use your hotkey to set their <Love> status to "Loved."
Finally, check Last.FM to see if this worked.

Once again, please, please backup your library and settings files, as well as the playlist, before doing this.
If it doesn't work, then you can replace the MBL and INI and should retain your Loved tracks. But if not, you'll have the playlist to reassign their status again (after turning off synchronization in the plugin settings.)
I have no guarantees this will work, but it makes sense to me that it should.

shrimptune

I would backup the ../MusicBee/Library (or just the library MBL) and the ../MusicBee/AppData (or just the ~Settings.ini) folders before doing what I'm about to suggest.
And for good measure, make a playlist with all your Loved tracks and export it as an M3U - just in case.
This way, you can recover your Loved tracks if the method doesn't work.

After you've created (and exported) the playlist, go to the plugin settings and enable the synchronization of Loved tracks to Last.FM.
Then, go to Hotkeys and assign a keyboard combination for 'Love all selected tracks' or however it's titled.
Then, restart MusicBee.
At this point, the tracks should sync with Last.FM and will lose their Loved status.
Now, go to the playlist you created above and select all the tracks. Then, use your hotkey to set their <Love> status to "Loved."
Finally, check Last.FM to see if this worked.

Once again, please, please backup your library and settings files, as well as the playlist, before doing this.
If it doesn't work, then you can replace the MBL and INI and should retain your Loved tracks. But if not, you'll have the playlist to reassign their status again (after turning off synchronization in the plugin settings.)
I have no guarantees this will work, but it makes sense to me that it should.

This worked, thanks! All I needed to do was make a playlist with all the loved songs, make a hotkey to toggle the loved, select everything, and then just un-love / re-love them.