Author Topic: Musicbee is the absolute worst music player in the world...  (Read 5343 times)

Serpentz

The title pretty much says it all. Musicbee is super bad at everything except playing music.

Never, ever have music bee organize your library. It will be so messed up that you will lose your library. And I have seen many, many posts here about how a user decided to let Musicbee organize their files. Those files completely disappeared! Didn't they! Same with me. Good thing I had an entire backup of my expensive music library on another disc so I could find me files again. Not only that, but any artist that was in a 'various artists' compilation was separated from that VA compilation, and a separate folder was created and shown in the 'Album Artist' column. Forget Musicbee looking at the album as a various artists compilation and leaving it alone. Instead, it broke up the various artists album and separated them into ONE SONG for that artist, OR, it mixed the VA compilation track with the main artists albums track. But wait...I'm just getting started! The artwork in 'Now Playing' isn't ever correct and shows people that aren't even anywhere CLOSE affiliated with the band. I have had to ban photos and find the correct biography for the artists that the player is 'Now Playing'. And let's talk about the lyrics for a moment...what a joke! Instead of showing the correct lyrics, many times the player shows lyrics for another song of the band, or it shows lyrics from a completely different band! And this is like 98% of the time! I understand why people have put up with this players shortcomings for so long, but this is ridiculous. The good news is that Winamp is now working on a new player. Their old player is a no-nonsense music player that doesn't destroy your music library, scattering various artists pages, or showing the wrong artwork and lyrics. When it comes out, the first thing I am doing is deleting Musicbee. I know some hardcore users will be likely to jump all over me for this post, but someone needs to point out the truly dismal faults of this program.

frankz

hiccup

While a silly rant like this is indeed best ignored, others may stumble upon it, wondering what it is about.
So it's probably good to explain something about MusicBee and this user.

MusicBee will never move any music files by itself.
Never.

This user activated that optional feature himself.
He then ignored the warning pop-up that explains that MusicBee will from then on be allowed to move files.
Depending on the settings that the user configures.

So the OP did not know (or care) what he was doing, and he didn't understand how to use the file organising rules.

The only value of his post is that it may warn new users not to mindlessly fool around with settings. (in any software)
Or you can fool around,  but then do it on a test library containing copies of your valuable music files.

phred

• Global Moderator
The good news is that Winamp is now working on a new player. Their old player is a no-nonsense music player that doesn't destroy your music library, scattering various artists pages, or showing the wrong artwork and lyrics. When it comes out, the first thing I am doing is deleting Musicbee.
I find it rather funny that in 2018 (your only other post) you said you were uninstalling MB. You didn't use MB properly then and apparently after all these years, you still aren't. Have fun waiting for WinAmp.

Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Jaslan

The Incredible Boom Boom

So it's probably good to explain something about MusicBee and this user.

Some people should just stick to playing music through YouTube.  :D

Zak

• Global Moderator
I pressed the Delete key on my keyboard and Windows deleted my file!

Windows sucks!!!
Bee excellent to each other...

musicmafia

Serpentz

Its funny to see all the idiotic replies from the losers here...well done! Morons...all of you. Apparently, you're all too stupid to read. Bunch of playground bullies and probably liberal woke lunatics...