Author Topic: Moving Library From Itunes to MusicBee (Track Totals Inconsistent)  (Read 1026 times)

scottiecool24

I've moved my library from Itunes to Musicbee however when I look at the track totals at the bottom footer,  Itunes total number is 7 more than Musicbee.  I have a large collection I can't check manually so does anybody have a good workaround to figure out which 7 songs are missing so I can get the numbers the same. Thanks in advance for any tips.

phred

• Global Moderator
Create a text file of each library and run them side-by-side and compare. Notepad++ allows you to view two files side-by-side.
I have no idea how you would do that in itunes.
In MB open Preferences > Tags (2) > tag handling > 'send to clipboard' tags > enter the tags you want to put in the text file.
In MB track details view > select all tracks (sort by title?) > right-click > send to clipboard.
Open a new file in Notepad++ > paste.

Do something similar for itunes, but be sure the sorting is the same for both programs. Paste the itunes date into a new file in Notepad++.

I can't remember if the 'compare' plugin for Notepad++ comes with it or needs to be added.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

edcase

A quick thing to check would be audio that is tiny, by default MB ignores tracks less than 20KB [MB>Edit>Edit Prefs>Library]

So you could make an auto-playlist in iTunes for small file size / duration and organise by duration, do likewise in MB and if there is a difference, voila.
Likewise any video files might mess with the number comparison.

Otherwise I think you have a game of guess who, making auto-playlists in both which pull all songs less than a minute > check count > less than minute 30 > check count > ...
Fairly quickly you would find in what block the missing songs are, and then you can change the increment to narrow down the song duration more accurately and find the culprit.

Hope this makes sense, good hunting ^^

edcase

Oh, actually just make a playlist of everything in MusicBee,
Rclick the playlist > Export,
Import the .m3u playlist,
In iTunes make a smart playlist which includes everything not in the newly imported playlist.