Author Topic: On-demand Bulk Export of Playlists  (Read 1715 times)

phred

• Global Moderator
I have a situation where I have to change the path of my exported playlists. I am now in the process of right-clicking on each of my 90 playlists and clicking 'export playlist.' This is quite tedious as I also have to click 'save' when the Windows dialog comes up, followed by telling Windows/MB that it's okay to overwrite the existing file.

All playlists are configured to 'automatically export' but that's only when there is a file added or deleted. And perhaps when a file's tag is changed.

Perhaps an option on right-clicking the Playlist header in the navigator for an option to '(re)export all playlists now' or something like that.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

SonicRings

Curious, does hitting f5 refresh the exported playlist?

Also, you only want to change the paths in your exported playlists? Would batch editing the folder they are stored using notepad++ work, in your case?

I did something similar, except for all internal playlists, though apparently there's a better way to do it within musicbee itself. See here

Although I agree that having the ability to do this natively would be nice.
Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 07:26:48 AM by SonicRings

phred

• Global Moderator
F5 did not (does not?) refresh playlist paths.

Yes, Notepad++ could easily do a search and replace, but I have about 90 playlists. You seem to be implying that NP++ can do all 90 at once? I've not come across batch editing, but this would've been helpful.

Hmmm ... I now see the option in the Find/Replace window to "Replace All in All Opened Documents." Next time I'll remember that it exists. Although I still think it would be easier if it was a MB function.

Thanks for pointing this out.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

phred

• Global Moderator
Breathing some new life in to this year old request.

While exporting 100+ playlists into Notepad++ and doing a search and replace on all at once does indeed make the process of changing the path less painful, I still feel it would be easier still (painless) if we had a one-click button that can export all playlists at once. All I would need to do would be to change the exported path.

Thanks for (re)considering.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki