Author Topic: System.OutofMemoryException - Unknown Cause  (Read 4584 times)

The Incredible Boom Boom

Woke the computer this morning
Started playing a couple albums
Opened a box set with a lot of tracks and had a freeze
Opened another album and added tracks to the queue
A few minutes later I noticed the error pop-up and after clicking "Ok", the program exited

MusicBee was open when the computer went to the sleep and I didn't restart after waking it up. I think that may a factor. Also, my EXE is LARGEADDRESSAWARE.

Code
MusicBee v3.4.7959.31434P  (Win10.0), 21 Nov 2021 8:08:

System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
   at System.Threading.ThreadPool.QueueUserWorkItemHelper(WaitCallback callBack, Object state, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean compressStack)
   at System.Threading.ThreadPool.UnsafeQueueUserWorkItem(WaitCallback callBack, Object state)
   at System.Threading.TimerQueue.QueueTimerCompletion(TimerQueueTimer timer)
   at System.Threading.TimerQueue.FireNextTimers()
   at System.Threading.TimerQueue.AppDomainTimerCallback(Int32 id)

jpirez

When will this issue be sorted?

I have tried all the advice in this forum and even use patch to increase the memory available to MusicBee, but I had no success.
I have a large music collection and never had problems before updating to windows 11.

So, for now, I can't use my favourite music player/Music manager.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I don't think anyone can tell you exactly when a new, unexplained issue will be fixed. I can tell you I'm running on Windows 11 and don't have any problems, but there could be a lot of other factors going into it. How large is your large collection?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

jpirez

is not an explained issue. the cause is know, it's a limitation of the software compiler.

my collection is, at the moment, 420 GB

Well, My problems with the "out of memory" issue only started after updating to Windows 11.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I have a library that's over 500 GB across two drives and have no issues. I haven't used the memory patch. So the problem seems less clear cut than that. What version of MusicBee are you using?
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

jpirez

The very latest version
Last post by Steven
in MusicBee 3.4 Update 2
on December

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I don't know if anything has changed, but you could try the 3.5 patch in my sig. I'll be a little surprised if that does it, but can't hurt.

Edit: My next suggestion would be doing a portable installation (so it's unmodified) and creating a test library, to see if you can figure out at what point you start getting the error.
Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 08:18:42 PM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

jpirez

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
You dd both of the things I suggested? With the portable installation, did you reuse the same library or create a new one?
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

jpirez

Yes, I did it exactly as you said. portable installation and start with a minimal collection, and adding up bit by bit. Watching when the issue would start. It did not take long.

I guess I have to be patient and wait until this is fixed.

Thank you very much for your help