Author Topic: Recently added sorting always back to default  (Read 712 times)

peselia

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 4
Hey guys,

just joined the forum to give a feedback about this bug.
Since the last version, whenever I sort my recently added albums (have an own tab for that) by most recently added, after a restart it gets back to my manual order from my Artist and Genre tab.
Also, when I remove albums from this tab (recently added), after a restart the albums are there again. This is pretty annoying. The bug first appeared after the last update, I did not change any of my settings.
I hope this will get fixed soon!

Cheers, Tim


Edit: I just tried using custom views. Similar problem, the tabs use the same sorting after changing.
Edit 2: Downgraded to 3.4.7805 and the sorting works again like it should be. The custom views though still doesn't work properly, but I guess that's on my end, since I've never used it before!
Last Edit: January 08, 2022, 12:09:02 PM by peselia

Steven

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 32737
can you send a link to your settings file (help/ support/ view settings)
also you are referring to a playlist?

peselia

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 4
Hello Steven,

just updated again to 3.4.8033 and the bug is there again. But this time only for one library at a time, I've got seperate libraries for my MP3's and FLAC's. When I delete my "recently added" tab and add a plain new one (new tab -> playlists -> recently added), it works for the library I've created it in. It shows which albums I've added in the last 7 days and in the last month, in the right order. When I switch to the other library, the sorting there is back to default (or whatever; the sorting is set to manual order), and the headlines "last 7 days" and "last month" are not showing, it all is just out of order. Then I switch back to the other library, in which I've created the tab, and atleast there everything is normal.
Here's my settings file, which has errors:

MusicBee v3.4.8033.18564D  (Win10.0), 13 Jan 2022 15:54:

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Der angegebenen Datei ist keine Anwendung zugeordnet
   bei System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
   bei System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
   bei System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
   bei #=zWIZyVUuxNLL39$ggm5ULXcz19Z0b.#=zW0NsoLfpu5F$.#=ziwfYGLA=(#=zqTU3nglKnwb8VWp94Q== #=zaFVWxMw=)
   bei #=zWIZyVUuxNLL39$ggm5ULXcz19Z0b.#=zW0NsoLfpu5F$.#=zt$YJoGTrjxm$3QVZjA==(Object #=z09rm0$E=, EventArgs #=z5EKpxKY=)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)


Cheers

phred

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 7594
I've got seperate libraries for my MP3's and FLAC's.
Just a suggestion that you might be better off using filters instead of two libraries. That way you can have access to both sets of files within one library. Check the Wiki for information on filters.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.4 patch from here.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 beta patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
Check out the MusicBee Wiki.
How to post screenshots is here

Steven

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 32737
The settings file is located:
C:\Users\<your id>\AppData\Roaming\MusicBee\MusicBee3Settings.ini

also can you send the "recently added" playlist file for the library that is not working
its located in the root music folder/MusicBee/Playlists/Recently Added.xautopf


Steven

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 32737
i cant reproduce the issue but i dont have your custom views. However i think i found what the issue might be so could you try this version:
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee34_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files

peselia

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 4
Well, seems like this fixed my problem!
Thank you Steven!