Author Topic: Overlap instead of crossfade?  (Read 788 times)

xmarker

Hello! I'm new to Musicbee and so far, I like it a lot.

I was wondering if there was an option to make the next track overlap the end of the first track, just like the crossfade option, but without any fade. Crossfade is great in general, but in some cases where lyrics are sung at the very end (last second), it gets faded out and I don't get to hear them.

I searched the forum but found nothing on this.

Thanks.

phred

• Global Moderator
Crossfade is great in general, but in some cases where lyrics are sung at the very end (last second), it gets faded out and I don't get to hear them.
Either I don't understand what you're asking for, or it makes no sense at all.

I assume by overlap you mean there is no fade out of the playing track and no fade in of the next track, correct?
So if the next track starts five seconds before the end of the playing track, wouldn't its volume cover up the lyrics of the first track?
How is overlap different than crossfade?

If you disable crossfade then the first track would play until the end and then the next track would start.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

xmarker

I assume by overlap you mean there is no fade out of the playing track and no fade in of the next track, correct?
Yes.
So if the next track starts five seconds before the end of the playing track, wouldn't its volume cover up the lyrics of the first track?
You are right, but it depends on the volume of the start of the next track. Still, I get your point. Now, the reason I was asking this is that the previous software I was using offered that possibility and I'm kind of used to this functionality. I suppose, by your answer, that Musicbee simply does not do that, which is ok.

Thank you phred for your answer.

Zak

• Global Moderator
For songs that end and start abruptly, wouldn't it be quite jarring to have the next song start playing over the end of the current track at full volume?
Kinda like a terrible DJ?  :-\
Bee excellent to each other...