Author Topic: Pressing the Play/Pause button on my keyboard doesn't work anymore  (Read 1654 times)

filoppi

Since moving to version https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=32142.msg196716#msg196716 (I had the previous release before that),
the Play/Pause button on my keyboard doesn't work as intended anymore, it pauses the track for a fraction of a section to then play it again, as if I had pressed it twice quickly. Spamming the button doesn't seem to ever manage to finally pause the track. My keyboard works fine as other applications still respond correctly to the button.

phred

• Global Moderator
Very unlikely this is a bug with MB as the forum would have lit up with reports.

Have you rebooted your PC?
Have you unplugged the keyboard from the PC and then plugged it in?
Have you tried a different keyboard? (Yes, I know it works with other apps, but we've got to try everything.)
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

filoppi

Very unlikely this is a bug with MB as the forum would have lit up with reports.

I don't have another keyboard, but I've tried the rest and it's still broken.
Interestingly, it breaks from the second+ time I press "Play/Pause":
-If I press it once before playing any track (after re-opening MusicBee), then it will be broken if I start a track (by mouse clicking) and then re-press "Play/Pause".
-If I press it once after playing any track (after re-opening MusicBee), then it will pause the track correctly on the first click, and break from the second+ (it will quickly pause and play the track again, in like 0.1s)
This heavily hints that it's a problem with MusicBee.

Win 11 Build 22523.

Steven

• Administrator
the windows media overlay plugin can cause issues with media keys so if you have it installed you could either try disabling it/ restart MB
or in the preferences/ hotkey tab disable the mediakey: xxx hotkeys

filoppi

the windows media overlay plugin can cause issues with media keys so if you have it installed you could either try disabling it/ restart MB
or in the preferences/ hotkey tab disable the mediakey: xxx hotkeys

Yup that worked. I don't really need that plugin I guess, still would be nice if that got fixed (ok maybe there is nothing to fix really).
Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 05:10:49 PM by filoppi

Steven

• Administrator

Steven

• Administrator
for the next MB update, when the windows media overlay plugin is first installed, the global multi-media hotkeys set in MB will be disabled to prevent conflicts with this plugin