Author Topic: "onDoubleClick" Not Working For Autohide/Floating Panels  (Read 4310 times)

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Is it just me or are panels not accessible via the onDoubleClick command?
If not (as I suspect), can they please be supported on this command too? Thanks.
Favourite song at the moment:   Decode by Paramore

Steven

• Administrator
The only double click function supported is to open the Now Playing assistant.
Can you describe with an example exactly what you are trying to do?

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Hello Steven,
As of now, I was planning to use it on two things...

1. Opening an album cover's full size upon double clicking it. (just like how MB does it)

2. The TM that I'm working on will contain a number of displays/layouts. The layouts are contained in autohidden panels.
     To access these autohidden panels, the user would first have to make a click...which is from an 'opening page' of some sort.

In the process I realized that, that one click will still be active on all the panels. So to disable that click, I masked it with another click in the panels that will execute 'nothing'.
     Only problem is that, the onClick hand signal still appears. That's not right because it suggests to the user, that there's a clickable command in that area.

I figured an onDoubleClick in place of that onClick (on the opening page) would solve the problem...given that onDoubleClick does not have a hand signal to it.

Steven

• Administrator
i dont know how you would do #1 as you wouldnt have the dimensions of the album cover - i would need to provide a way to do that
for 2, perhaps it would make sense if it didnt show the mouse hand icon. How did you indicate onClick was to execute nothing?

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
For #1...
I had the assumption that all album covers would have an aspect ratio of 1:1.
So what I did was have the artwork height and width receive their values from the panel height.
As it stands, they open exactly the same as how the rest of MB brings them up.

For #2...
Yes that would do the job. Just to make sure we're on the same page...
Are you suggesting that you'll make an addition that could work like this ...onClick="OpenAutoHidePanel(#Nothing)" mouseHandIcon="false" />

How did you indicate onClick was to execute nothing?
Exactly as in the example I wrote above. I noticed that referencing non-existent panels in the OpenAutoHidePanel command does nothing on click.
The TM is nearly complete. I will PM you it just now. I think it'll be easier if you're seeing exactly what I'm referring to.

Steven

• Administrator
https://www.mediafire.com/file/d54ye4rqdaeeb7a/mb_TheaterModePlugin.dll/file

i have added this attribute, which prevents the mouse pointer changing to a hand
Code
showMouseHandPointer="false"

and
Code
onDoubleClick="OpenAutoHidePanel(#xxx)"
if you want to open the panel using a double click action. It doesnt show the mouse hand

I tested it on your skin and works in most cases but wasnt always working with the main panel album cover, potentially related to near by single click elements

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Steven :D appreciate it. Thanks.