Author Topic: Deleting a network link deletes the target music files!!!  (Read 861 times)

Caveat

I had linked 3 music directories hosted in my NAS from MusicBee. After installing Musicbee Remote I saw the only link I could see from it was the first one, so I decided to re-link the parent directory so i could access the 3 directories from the Remote App. Since I didn't nned the 3 links poining to the sub-directories I decided to delete them from MusicBee, to my surprise all music files in my NAS were deleted!!! I couldn't believe it. Deleting alink shouldn't never delete the target files. I believe this is a big bug with MusicBee, which is a fantastic application in all other terms.

Fortunatelly I had all my music replicated in an external drive, so I've been able to recover everything, but not everybody might have this lucky outcome.
Please allow deleting links on their own, without affecting the pointed files.

Steven

• Administrator
I assume the folders were symbolic links. MB has no special treatment for linked folders and will treat it the same as deleting any folder. I am not sure everyone would agree with you that the linked folders should be treated differently and I have no plans to enhance the functionality