Author Topic: Volume Analysis Questions  (Read 785 times)

Jaslan

I have seen a couple of times when the Volume Analysis gives me the warning that the replay with the replay gain values applied would cause clipping but in the file listing status window, all the files say "OK".  Sometimes it does identify the file with clipping and the clipping amount.
Just trying to learn more about the readout.  Maybe it is an Album Gain vs. Track Gain thing?
Or is there something I am misunderstanding when I get the clipping warning pop-up  window but all the files say "OK" in the status column?

Jaslan

Another question...
When I sync to a USB drive and select "Level Volume", it appears that it levels the files to the default or "zero" point (i.e. as if I had the slider at zero for volume analysis).
I did a test where I used volume analysis on an album with the slider at +5 dB then synced to the drive using "Level Volume" and then examined the resulting file and it has the same gain as without the +5 dB Volume Analysis adjustment.
So, does the "Level Volume" setting just ignore the replaygain tags and set the standard target volume?  (-18 LUFS I believe..)

The USB drive is for my vehicle, which does NOT use replaygain tags or have an adjustable pre-amp setting.  So, If I level the volume when syncing to the USB drive, in the vehicle, the USB drive songs are noticeably quieter than the radio.