Author Topic: Bulk Extract Album Art and Save to Folder  (Read 2158 times)

Peet

I would like to backup the album art from each song and save it to a particular folder.  Is there a way to do this in automatically and in bulk? (I want to replace many songs in my library with better quality ones and don't want to search for album art again after.)
Which reminds me, is there a way to compare songs from different folders (according to bit rate) and replacing the lower quality song with the higher quality song?  Preferably automatically and in bulk. This obviously do not need to be a Musicbee function, but perhaps another app/program.
Last Edit: January 01, 2022, 09:51:31 AM by Peet

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
MusicBee's duplicate manager can do the track comparison for you. My preference is to put the duplicates in a playlist and manually remove the ones I don't want. You can also copy tags/artwork from one track to another before deleting, that way.

For preserving artwork, look at the settings in Tags (1) preferences. I'm not sure if a rescan after changing storage settings is enough to trigger an export or not. There's also a Send To > Replace File function that will preserve tags and artwork, but it has to be done one track at a time.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

The Incredible Boom Boom

You can do this with MP3TAG.
If your embedded album art has a "cover type," it's fairly simple.
If it doesn't, you'll have to be careful you don't overwrite files when extracting them.

Peet

The Incredible Boom Boom

Sorry, "fairly simple" doesn't quite explain how.

Thankfully, we live in the age of access to an amazing amount of knowledge, where anyone exerting a miniscule amount of effort may learn "fairly simple" tasks without needing their hand held each baby step along the way.

phred

• Global Moderator
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
I would like to backup the album art from each song and save it to a particular folder.  Is there a way to do this in automatically and in bulk?

Those are settings which you can access from preferences -> devices -> configure -> settings.
To get to 'configure', you'll need to have synched your phone with MB at least once.

So in your case, you'll be interested in the last two options in that screenshot.
Favourite song at the moment:   Decode by Paramore

The Incredible Boom Boom

Those are settings which you can access from preferences -> devices -> configure -> settings.
To get to 'configure', you'll need to have synched your phone with MB at least once.

So in your case, you'll be interested in the last two options in that screenshot.

Take note that this method will overwrite files if there are multiple pieces of artwork embedded, unless each of the attached artwork has a separate cover type.
With MP3TAG, each piece of embedded art can be saved to a distinct filename.