Author Topic: Change default "Analyze Volume" value  (Read 3066 times)

TheFlyingCelt

@phred I'm trying hard to figure out how to show an image here. I'm really sorry. Should I use the hyperlink or image button? This is the link. I don't know how to use it: https://ibb.co/DWpZdWq

hiccup

I am not sure if you have the right idea about what these values mean, so just to be sure:
These are adjustment values, not values that describe the loudness level a track will end up with.

phred

• Global Moderator
@phred I'm trying hard to figure out how to show an image here.
A link to the image is fine. But the link you just posted is to the same image that you linked to previously. I'm asking for a screenshot of the -entire- window where you're seeing those columns. Or just tell us what view that is. I'm suspecting Track Details.

It looks like hiccup has answered your question.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

TheFlyingCelt

@hiccup Adjustment values that I'm supposed to apply to correct the volume or they are already applied? Thanks

@phred Here is the link to the whole screen. Thanks
Screenshot
Last Edit: January 08, 2022, 04:11:45 PM by TheFlyingCelt

hiccup

@hiccup Adjustment values that I'm supposed to apply to correct the volume or they are already applied? Thanks
I haven't digested this whole thread (sorry), but why would you need to apply anything that is showing in your screenshot?
If the loudness adjustment tags are present in the files, MusicBee will automatically apply them at playback.
(unless you disable that feature of course)

TheFlyingCelt

I haven't digested this whole thread (sorry), but why would you need to apply anything that is showing in your screenshot?
If the loudness adjustment tags are present in the files, MusicBee will automatically apply them at playback.
(unless you disable that feature of course)

So basically those are values calculated by MusicBee which are applied during playback if "track gain" is ON? Am I getting this right?
Nothing to do with Reply Gain, correct?
Thank you again

hiccup

So basically those are values calculated by MusicBee which are applied during playback if "track gain" is ON? Am I getting this right?
yep

Nothing to do with Reply Gain, correct?
I don't understand what you believe that 'Replay Gain' is exactly.
The literal 'ReplayGain' is ancient and a bit obsolete, but the concept is the same as what MusicBee is using today, be it in a much more modern and better way. (using the EBU128 algorithm)

It may be good to do some serious googling and reading on these search terminologies.
There is a vast amount of information to be found on the matter.

One thing that I believe confuses you is the difference between the audio data of a track being permanently altered to a different loudness, vs. only adding tags to it so that the player can handle that at playback.
Both ReplayGain, and MusicBee can do both.

TheFlyingCelt

What I wanted to achieve was to set tags so that tracks will be played at the proper volume in any player, not only in MB. I read Reply Gain does that. Am I wrong?

hiccup

It seems I can't get my message across.
Hopefully somebody else can help you further.

TheFlyingCelt

Despite me being Italian, I think I understand English quite well (but I might be wrong), and it doesn't seem to me my last question was that silly really.
Thanks anyway.

hiccup

…and it doesn't seem to me my last question was that silly really.
I didn't suggest it was silly.
I tried to point it out to you that your understanding of 'Replay Gain' is not clear to me, and I suspect you have an incomplete notion and understanding of it.
My advice was (and is) to do some research and try to get a better understanding on the matter.

As I said, there is already a lot of information available to be found. Even on this forum alone.
I'm willing to help, but I'm not willing to hold someone's hand every little step of the way.

TheFlyingCelt

I'm willing to help, but I'm not willing to hold someone's hand every little step of the way.

no comment
see ya