Author Topic: Lots and lots of wrong album art  (Read 237 times)

eobet

I'm new and testing this app out.

Why is the album art wrong on so many occasions?

I don't have MP3 files, only FLAC and ALAC.

Windows Explorer (and other music players) show the correct art embedded in the files.

eobet

I just noticed, while changing tags on a song, that the album art TEMPORARILY displayed correctly in the bottom right corner for the song I was editing!

Then it switched back to the wrong art again. What is going on?  ;D

eobet

Oh, lots and lots of tracks also don't display any album art at all in several different views and that's wrong too!

frankz

https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=39082.0

Please take some time to read/search the forum and browse the wiki before spamming every single minor issue you encounter.

Please?

eobet

I removed the .jpg files from the folders, but that didn't matter. It's still wrong and missing.

Perhaps I should have posted in the bug forum instead.

Anyway, so this is an issue since 2019? Seems like it could have been fixed by now if it comes up so often.

Here's MusicBee displaying two different album arts for the SAME song at the SAME time (again, it switched back to 100% wrong a few seconds later):

Last Edit: February 29, 2024, 09:12:58 PM by eobet

purplebee

I removed the .jpg files from the folders, but that didn't matter. It's still wrong and missing.

Perhaps I should have posted in the bug forum instead.

Anyway, so this is an issue since 2019? Seems like it could have been fixed by now if it comes up so often.

Here's MusicBee displaying two different album arts for the SAME song at the SAME time (again, it switched back to 100% wrong a few seconds later):

It's not a bug per se, but the way Musicbee is set up. It looks for album covers in two places by default: embedded images in the file and cover.jpg files in the folder (which are what usually cause problems to users that don't separate albums by folder). You can change your settings so MB only uses embedded images too.

If you've already deleted the wrong covers from the files/folders and the problem persists, try refreshing MB.

sveakul

After picking the priority of the artwork he wants displayed with the Prefs/Tags(1)/artwork/"Edit List" button, he needs to hit the "Rescan Artwork" button in the lower left corner:

eobet

Thank you very much!

I would not have found that dialog without your help (and I'm very surprised that the "Embedded" option was at the very bottom).