Author Topic: search for folder  (Read 1664 times)

Dpmusicbee

Hello,

i looking for a way to search for folders when i use send to option to copy or move as when i do this how can i search for a folder without having to stroll down the hard drive dropdown for that folder i wish to copy or move a file to.

Thank You

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
You might find it easier to use the Computer node, which allows a folder tree display like Windows Explorer. You can use Shift and Ctrl to indicate whether files should be moved or copied.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Dpmusicbee

Thank You for your time to reply, how may i access the computer mode?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
It's in the left sidebar. You might need to turn it on in Layout Preferences.

https://musicbee.fandom.com/wiki/Navigator#Computer
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Dpmusicbee

hi ok i looked at the computer mode and to me i see no difference between send to so i guessing you can't search only stroll. Thanks.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
hi ok i looked at the computer mode and to me i see no difference between send to so i guessing you can't search only stroll. Thanks.

No, but you can use "show only filtered folders" to limit what's shown to only the folders you need.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

hiccup

looking for a way to search for folders when i use send to option to copy or move as when i do this how can i search for a folder without having to stroll down the hard drive dropdown for that folder i wish to copy or move a file to.
I'm not sure that I have a good sense of what you are trying to achieve, but perhaps using 'copy/move to organised folder' could be helpful?
It has presets available, so I am guessing you could create presets for frequently used folders there?

Dpmusicbee

Thanks all i'm doing send to copy/move when i right click on a file. since i'm no programmer i know nothing on the presets you are speaking of. i've also had issues with MB working fine one day and the next it doesn't. Thanks for taking your time in replying to this issue.