Author Topic: Upgrade to v3.4 causes problem with theater mode scaling  (Read 1304 times)

davec

I have just upgraded to v3.4 from v3.3.x.  Now I find that my custom theater mode screens are not scaling correctly any more.  The issue appears to be caused by my Windows 10 scaling setting of 200%, because if I change this setting to 100% then the theater mode screens are correct.  Unfortunately I need to set scaling to 200% because I have a large 4K screen and everything else is much too small if I use 100% scaling.  Using MusicBee 3.3.x there were no problems with scaling at 200%.  Is there a workaround or xml setting I can use to get round this issue?

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Do you have this line of code in your custom TMs?....<settings enableScaling="true" />
Favourite tune at the moment:   Dearly Beloved by Yoko Shimomura from the Kingdom Hearts soundtrack

davec

Yes, they have that line.  I tried setting enableScaling="false" as well but still got the same result.

Mayibongwe

• Heal The World
Is there a way for TheaterModes to scale properly to different windows scaling?
try this version:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/7a5la3o0j9khtgz/mb_TheaterModePlugin.zip/file

however if you build a skin to meet a dpi setting > 100% then use this setting at the top of the skin just below enableScaling
Code
    <settings dpiScale="150" />
if you developed your skin against the normal 100% windows dpi setting then you dont need this

anyone who has developed a skin, please let me know if it causes any issues when you set your screen dpi > 100% (its very easy to do in windows 10)
Favourite tune at the moment:   Dearly Beloved by Yoko Shimomura from the Kingdom Hearts soundtrack